DS7200 Sub

Options
bdcc11
bdcc11 Posts: 4
edited June 2004 in Troubleshooting
The manual on the DS7200 system does not have much technical information. I would like to use a different preamp with this system. The information I am looking for is the pin out information on the connector to the subwoofer and is the xover for bass management located in the receiver or in the subwoofer amp section?

I have preamp out on my receiver and if the xover is in the subwoofer I can use the LFE output on my receiver to feed a second larger subwoofer for the effects.
Post edited by bdcc11 on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Hello,
    We do not recommend using the bass section of the DS7200 with anything other than the processor that is part of the system. The bass section requires a triggering voltage to turn it on and keep it on. There are no level controls or low pass adjustments built into the bass unit. Also, the input sensitivity and impedance, of all of the amplifiers contained in the bass unit, were developed with the processor in mind and would, in all likelihood, not match the characteristics of your unit. In short, keep the two pieces together.
    Regards, Ken
  • bdcc11
    bdcc11 Posts: 4
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Thanks for the enlightenment. Only one question then. Is there a way to get LFE from the system to go to a second subwoofer? I have a larger sub that I would like to use that is good down below 20hz and is ideal for rocking the room for explosions etc.

If not I will keep using the satelite speakers the way I am now. Currently a Pioneer Elite receiver with an Energy Sub. Using the DS7200 Sats only.

The receiver and sub from the DS7200 are just setting in the corner collecting dust until I get a new interconnect cable for them.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm not aware of any way to send a sub-out signal from the Polk processor. It was developed as an all-in-one system to allow great results with a minimum of owner adjuments needed. You might be able to feed a sub-out signal from a SACD or DVD-A player into a separate sub-woofer, use a "Y" cable to feed a second signal to the back of the Polk processor. Keep in mind you'll have to use sub-woofer's level control to balance the bass information.
    Regards, Ken