Marantz SA8004 SACD/CD player

Options
2»

Comments

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    Options
    That integrated and CD player look actually works well...very cool looking.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Today I noticed that when I went to play a CD, the front panel play button wasn't working. All of the other front panel buttons work, but now to get a CD to play I have to use the play button on the remote.

Anyone have any idea on why this would happen out of the blue? I tried power cycling and also fully unplugging and re-plugging but same behavior.

Did something about the physical play button randomly fail?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    Behind the button there is a tiny switch soldered to the board, so it is possible the switch failed.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Options
    Thanks Jesse!

I did some more testing and I determined that if I push the button extra hard, beyond just hearing/feeling it depress and click, then it works. So yeah maybe something about the switch is starting to go out.

But for now I guess I will just use the remote or do the extra firm press to get it to work.

Thanks again.
  • F1nut
    Options
    The board the switches are on for your SA8004 is the same one used in the SA14S1. The service manual shows it as P6 right key, which is a NSP meaning it is not available!!!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Options
    Oh of course, haha. Well perhaps I'll just use the remote to start the disc then since it appears to be getting intermittent. All good.
  • F1nut
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I always use a remote with all my rigs. The only buttons I ever touch are power switches and that's not often.

President of Club Polk

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    Options
    Well that sucks. Drew PM coming...