SDA 2B - Crossover Help

2»

Comments

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    edited October 2020
    Sheesh. How much $ have you invested already? Will you even get that amount for them if you sell as is? I see a bunch of MW6503's on eBay and one MW6511 that is unfortunately in Canada. You would probably have wanted to replace those tweeters with RD0-194's anyway.

I guess a good takeaway is to always check everything out before investing money in a crossover upgrade.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • gstein
    gstein Posts: 29
    Yep, lesson learned. Although posted on Craigslist and already sold them and came out ahead. Figure someone else can go through the process to source and/or upgrade the drivers.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    The large inductor on one of your crossover boards looks toasted. I suspect the previous owner tried using a non-common ground amplifier.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    gstein wrote: »
    I may have fried drivers all around as I am unable to get an ohm reading on the MW6511 or the SL2000. I connect the speaker wire to each of these drivers directly from the amplifier and had no sound from either. Is it possible all drivers could have been damaged when the PC board overheated? Anyone heard of this possibly happening?

Absolutely and likely caused by using a non-common ground amplifier.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk