Magnifi Mini needs power reboot every day

Options
Within the last week or two, my 3 year old Mini needs to have power chord unplugged every morning to work.

I have to unplug power chord - re-plug, wait for reboot and then push Opt 1 for it to work. And it's every day.

It is quite annoying - especially when my son has to do this himself.

I'm running firmware v50 and was of the understanding that it updated itself regularly.

I really hope someone has a fix for this.

Regards,
Kenneth

Comments

• rpetelin
    rpetelin Posts: 5
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I have the same issue. Started a couple weeks ago, and I purchased my magnify mini this July. Help would be appreciated.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Make sure your soundbar has uninterrupted AC power and not plugged into a switched outlet.
  • numzie
    Options
    I didn't change the power source at all. It just started to happen!

Now I suspect it's the firmware if @rpetelin has the same issue.

Polk support just gave me a canned answer to reset wifi :#
  • rpetelin
    Options
    Same deal for me. It just locks up. I can control the volume through Google home, but not the remote or speaker buttons. I reset the speaker to no avail. Unplugging works, but I don't want to do that daily, as that is not how it's supposed to work.
  • rpetelin
    Options
    How do you change the firmware?
  • rpetelin
    rpetelin Posts: 5
    edited October 2020
    Options
    System firmware version: 50
    Cast firmware version: 1.36.145853
  • numzie
    numzie Posts: 8
    Options
    rpetelin wrote: »
    System firmware version: 50
    Cast firmware version: 1.36.145853

Same here. It actually seems that resetting the wifi connection did some sort of help to the connection stability.

However, now some of the mapped functions to my Samsung remote control is gone.
  • Canthook
    Options
    I have this same issue as well. It started around the same time as you've reported - maybe about a month ago. Firmware issue seems likely because of sudden onset and intermittent operation. I've owned the sound bar for about 3 years and it has been relatively problem free up to now.

Numzie, do you recommend I reset the system given how it improved yours?
  • numzie
    Options
    It seems we have to wait until they update the firmware.

Yes - I did reset the wifi connection and then I spent some time making sure sub was connected to the soundbar itself etc - but in the end it actually solved my problem.

However, now the soundbar does not turn on with the TV remove as it did before, but that may be sorted by re-mapping them. Just didn't have the manual by me, so I did not do it.

But I haven't had any of these situations (where I have to unplug/replug the power chord and press opt 1) since I manually reset the wifi.

zmg3do11pemq.jpg
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    :'( I can't help but it's a damn shame that I see so many soundbar purchasers on hear looking for help.
  • rpetelin
    Options
    I have reset My wifi, but once I reconfigured it, the issue returned. Not having it connected to WiFi fixes it the problem (I believe this is what you're doing). I think you hit the nail on the head when you said we need an update. Hopefully Polk sees this.
  • numzie
    Options
    Hmmm.

I'm not sure if it's connected to WiFi

I mean, the moment I pair it in the Google Home app I suppose it will be automatically connected to the WiFi, right?

It does show that it's connected in the Home app, so I think it worked for me.

But a firmware update would surely help.
  • Canthook
    Options
    Update: I went to play music this morning and found my Magnifi Mini disconnected from wifi. Tried rebooting with no change. I reset the Magnifi with the reset button on the back and tried to re-add but the google home app keeps throwing the following error halfway through the re-adding process: "Something came up. The application has cancelled the request to choose a device". So, now it doesn't work on wifi at all. Not sure how it's supposed to recieve a software update now...
  • Canthook
    Options
    I just found out I can use ethernet, so that's good. If the firmware/software gets updated, would someone mind posting in this thread so I know to update?
  • numzie
    Options
    Now resetting worked for me for about a month, but now I'm back to those regular power cut-offs in need to get it working.

This is just so frustrating for a product that was believed to be pretty high-quality.

• southbay82
    Options
    Piling on this thread, I can confirm I began noticing this issue about 2-3 weeks ago. My unit is on firmware v50 as well.

I will try to do the device reset and see if that clears things up.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Send an email to: kim.jasper@soundunited.com for support.
  • numzie
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Send an email to: kim.jasper@soundunited.com for support.

Hi @KennethSwauger . I mailed you :)