Dune (2020)

Options
2»

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Hehe, I don't know that I could be a good judge of kid-appropriate. I didn't think The Lion King was kid appropriate after I saw it and Mufasa got trampled and died. I remember turning to my gf at the time and going, "Why did you make me watch this?!?" :D

There are the themes of betrayal and deep loss in the story that could be upsetting for young children, but the violence and graphic imagery are less hellish which seems less disturbing to me than in the original film. I still can't watch certain scenes in the original. No language and no 8008135 / 5318008
    Baron Harkonnen doesn't have skin boils.

Thx Scott! I think they will at least try it with me…
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    Options
    Be forewarned - they might never eat cinnamon toast at the beach ever again.
    I disabled signatures.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
    As was noted, the soundtrack is good. Cinematography is also excellent. I didn’t even think of “the sleeper must awaken” but that’s another example where I thought it was glossed over. I need to find out more about Paul’s Ma tho. Lol. Frank Hebert was a frickin’ genius, that I know.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    I very much enjoyed it and felt it stayed true to the book, which in today’s market is NOT a given.

Cast was great and while I hate that it’s two films, they cut it at a good place.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    Options
    I know, we've all been spoiled by the ability to binge watch. I hate getting cliffhangered, even though we all know the story.

I read that this is showing in IMAX. Bet that's pretty cool.
    I disabled signatures.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,475
    Options
    If you are a syfi fan just do it and on a big screen. Really pulled me in and can't wait for part 2.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"