polk s6 wońt update

Options
I updated software for my polk s6 and it stopped responding or seeing wifi networks..Audio as a dumb speaker kept cycling off on every few minutes thereafter.I applied the playfi update of phorus and phorus5 via usb and got the cycling off on to stop.Stuck on high volume but reducing with an old fashioned in line volume control.I think this is as good as it gets.Living the remainder of its life as a dumb speaker.So much for interactive wifi playfi whatever.From my research this model is no linger supported.Anyone have any ideas to bring my bricked speaker to life?

Best Answer

• Mihdnite
    Mihdnite Posts: 7
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have since moved the speaker,disconnected power,reconnected it.Speaker started cycling off/on again.Found by depressing front panel “+” volume up for three minutes steady,no release,yellow audio light pulsed quickly,when I released it ,steady yellow light and cycling off/on is gone,good legacy speaker.No play-fi.I will take that over cycling off/on.

Answers

• no987way
    Options
    If anyone still has this problem. The solution is to do an MCU update. You will need either the SUPK021_2r06_211007.zip or SUPK121_2r06_211007.zip depending on you speaker and the instructions. I got the instructions and files from Phorus.com (which makes Play-Fi speakers) because Polk will not respond to my emails.
  • vinfurnier
    Options
    no987way - Thank you for commenting on this!! This is the solution that helped me with my S6 issue with not connecting to the network,