My garage project progress

stangman67
stangman67 Posts: 2,289
edited August 2020 in The Clubhouse
My garage has been a huge project for me since I got back from deployment. We bought this 100 year old house right before I deployed and it is very rare to find a house with a garage here in historical Norfolk, let alone one with enough space for two cars.

Stage one was to remove the single garage door and man door and put in a double door. We hired a fantastic garage guy to make this happened, installed a wall mount lift master WiFi garage door to go with it (fantastic purchase)

Then I tackled the completely unfinished inside, replacing the old sagging joists and tying them into the rafters. It’s not a professional job but the structure is a thousand times better than when I bought it.

Next we installed insulation and put up OSB to finish the walls. Also installed outlets on every wall, including a dedicated 20amp for my welder and compressor. We threw some kilz white primer up to brighten the space and I installed some cheap led overhead lights.

Finally I am in the last stages, put in a 8ft husky workbench, have another 6 footer coming next week. And even got a little garage stereo set up, some Polk monitor 40s and a smsl 2x50 mini amp. Plenty of volume and doesn’t sound too shabby.

Have a few things left to do, clean up the lighting wiring and eventually finishing the ceiling (and installing a beer fridge!) but I am very happy with my workspace so far! Luckily I had my wife and father in law to help along the way

Without further ado, some pictures in chronological order
nzhkooh17fjo.jpeg
vf1wltxv9ymn.jpeg
9x0djbb4nt4y.jpeg
pluc3h2uvjym.jpeg
bimrgeae13mc.jpeg
8g19mu2df3t0.jpeg
2atx2aykjgqj.jpeg
lm1nur4j1u2w.jpeg
ypc3r5cf1w4x.jpeg
w8tk6ihdd4wb.jpeg
h59t0pnd1fkw.jpeg
3kks0pdh6liq.jpeg
vn8clh0i1m9b.jpeg
82vgzalxyb5v.jpeg

2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius

Comments

• stangman67
    edited August 2020
    Now in somewhat chronological order

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    edited August 2020
    stangman67 wrote: »
    82vgzalxyb5v.jpeg

My pants are a little tight.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • stangman67
    I’ve removed the license plates if you can remove your quote, thanks! Appreciate the compliment though

• TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,026
    Nice garage! Awesome cars!!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,117
    Looks great. Nice Mustangs as well.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,301
    Wait there was A Garage?
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,957
    Looks great, nice cars!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,367
    edited August 2020
    Nightfall wrote: »
    82vgzalxyb5v.jpeg

My pants are a little tight.

Then stop wearing PFB's skinny jeans. Problem solved...

Beautiful work on the garage.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,641
    Very nice work on your garage. Tough to pick which of those cars I like the best.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,231
    Magnificent! and Inspiring!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,529
    Looking awesome, garage and cars!, equally impressed in your mostly chronological order pictures! :)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    Very cool!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 741
    Awesome cars !

Bk
    PS Audio S300 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Salk SuperCharged Songtowers , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Ascend Acoustics ELX Ribbon Towers , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN system

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,134
    Congrats on making your vision come to fruition. B)

99% of people walking by would never guess those 2 awesome classics are in there.

Great looking remodel job! Having family help you is a big bonus too. <3
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    Great reno on the garage, should stand for many more years to come! But, how do you access the garage from the street? Though the wooden gate? Looks very narrow from what I can see in the picture.
  • stangman67
    Thanks for all the compliments!

And mike, yes through the gate. It is quite narrow but it’s the best we can do given the lot sizing. The cars squeeze through just barely, I intend on building a metal framed single gate at some point to gain me a little more space

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    You have a coupe and a fast back? I thought I only had to be jealous of one car. ;)

Looking good sir :)
  • stangman67
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    You have a coupe and a fast back? I thought I only had to be jealous of one car. ;)

Thanks! But I’m no Sir, I’m not that old lol! The 67 coupe is mine that I’ve had since I was 14 and the 69 fastback is my wifes. Mine is mostly complete, hers needs quite a bit of work before she’s back on the road

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    What garage???? I only see a couple of ponies...... :smiley:

Nice work, nice cars.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • stangman67

Got a few more steps done in the garage. Got my wall control system up (still some organization to be done and other pieces to be hung) and put together my second workbench. Also got a few pieces of decoration up. On the lookout for other garage bling!

wivjgbr31ugw.jpeg
    w82emsyujyk1.jpeg

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited August 2020
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Thanks! But I’m no Sir, I’m not that old lol! The 67 coupe is mine that I’ve had since I was 14 and the 69 fastback is my wifes. Mine is mostly complete, hers needs quite a bit of work before she’s back on the road

That's AWESOME. A thread detailing the restoration wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, if you want to post it. ;) I like that organization over your workbench! My dad is working on something similar.

And sorry, I get told that a lot, unfortunately I'm a creature of habit and literally call everyone sir or ma'am.

As far as other garage bling goes, if you have/are able to make shelf space, you could get the LEGO '67 Mustang set. Super awesome build and a great model, if maybe not quite as detailed as a "proper" model. Here's a picture of mine... the original set is a fastback, but I turned it into the closest approximation of a convertible I could, with my limited number of pieces in that color. :)

la25hgigw8ba.jpeg
    -Micah
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 8,121
    John987 reported
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Harmon Kardon HK3490; Bluesounds Node N130; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    John987 reported

For butchering the language?