Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,489
    [quote="aprazer402;c-2604312"...A plant room?[/quote]

Yeah, I'm thinking he already has one. :p
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    DaveHo wrote: »
    [quote="aprazer402;c-2604312"...A plant room?

Yeah, I'm thinking he already has one. :p [/quote]

Yeah, you say that but I am the only one on this thread with sound ideas.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,136
    Bruce, You said you paid extra for that door. Did you install it? If not, and it was recently installed by someone else, did you discuss how you expected the door to fit with the contractor? I advised previously, if you want to keep the overhead door style, call an overhead garage door contractor for possible repair/replace options. If your flexible on style, call a regular window/door contractor. No need to call name brand companies; Andersen, Pella, Marvin, Weathershield... You might call a generic replacement window/door company- Like World of Windows they may cost less, to give you some options. I don't see an easy way to insulate around your existing door. pitdogg mentioned outward opening doors. I've actually recently seen a pair of very nice metal clad french doors both sides opened "outward" onto a deck from a large dinette area. They usually open inward. Keep us posted.
  • afterburnt
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    Bruce, You said you paid extra for that door. Did you install it? If not, and it was recently installed by someone else, did you discuss how you expected the door to fit with the contractor? I advised previously, if you want to keep the overhead door style, call an overhead garage door contractor for possible repair/replace options. If your flexible on style, call a regular window/door contractor. No need to call name brand companies; Andersen, Pella, Marvin, Weathershield... You might call a generic replacement window/door company- Like World of Windows they may cost less, to give you some options. I don't see an easy way to insulate around your existing door. pitdogg mentioned outward opening doors. I've actually recently seen a pair of very nice metal clad french doors both sides opened "outward" onto a deck from a large dinette area. They usually open inward. Keep us posted.

@aprazer402 I think that brush seal will do good to stop the drafts and although my moving blanket is not a perfect fit it does help with the "R" factor. I don't use the rollup too often and since I hung the blanket with tarp clamps it's a snap, no a twist to remove it.
  • afterburnt
    This bites, I am still hot and I can't breath! I gotta stop smoking cigars. I am so fat I am like a "hugotherm" my fat **** won't cool down till November.