CSI5 tweeter very low power--- crossover capacitors to be replaced?

Options
Hello I have an old CSI5 and I got a problem, the tweeter is very low in power. I though it is burnt but when checking the resistance is about 3 ohms and it still makes sound but very faint. I suspect the crossover might be faulty in particular the capacitors. Can someone help?
What sort of capacitor should I order? the electrolytics are non-polarized? There is one radial type on the tweeter part that is Metal 0.47 mF 100V. it is not an electrolytic probably. can you help and give me what type I should order?
thanks in advance.
Eric

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Please post a clear picture of the crossover.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Swap the tweeter with the one in your good speaker. If the problem follows the tweeter your problem is the tweeter.

Then for good measure swap your speaker cables to make sure it's not a problem with you amp.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    It's a center channel, he may not have matching L/R.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    It's a center channel, he may not have matching L/R.

My bad. Not up on the newer Polks.