Low humming sound from Subwoofer TL1600

Options
I recently purchased TL1600 speakers. The performance of the Sub is excellent. But it's making a low hum even without any input attached. I tried connecting the SUb to other rom, but the issue persists. It's not too annoying, but at night you can't miss it. Is this normal with all the active Sub or I received a faulty unit?

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Faulty
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• opnath
    opnath Posts: 4
    Options
    It's a brand new unit. I just wonder how this unit passed the Quality check in the first place. I believe my next option is to fight with Service centre guys for a replacement?
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    opnath wrote: »
    It's a brand new unit. I just wonder how this unit passed the Quality check in the first place. I believe my next option is to fight with Service centre guys for a replacement?

Damaged in shipment perhaps?
  • opnath
    Options
    The unit arrived in pristine form. How does the warranty work? Will they repair or replace the unit?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    opnath wrote: »

Stuff happens. Contact the dealer you bought it from.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• opnath
    Options
    I contacted the dealer; he is checking. I did some online research, and it seems if power transformer is placed too near to the amplifier, the amplifier starts picking up the Mains noise and makes such HUM. Does this theory hold any water?