Rt 800 with Rt55i x over???

brody05
brody05 Posts: 329
edited May 2004 in Troubleshooting
Hi, can anyone help with some input on trying to put the x over from a pair of RT55i's into a a pair of RT800's, as far as drivers go I am under the impression that the only diff is the 'i' series has a blue color cone but other wise the same...Any thoughts....
Cheers
Brody
Post edited by brody05 on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited May 2004
    Hello Brody,
    I'm not sure why you want to consider that? Crossovers are specifically designed for each individual speaker. The characteristics of the tweeter, drivers and cabinet all influence the components on a crossover. You really can't just substitute one speaker's crossover in another. Speakers are tuned systems, each part interdependent upon the other.
    Regards, Ken
  • brody05
    brody05 Posts: 329
    edited May 2004
    Hi Ken, wow, I feel honored to be 'talking' to you, thanks for taking the time to help.
    The reason is I am trying to make a pair of RT800's as musical as a pair of RT55i's, I figured as the driver and tweeters were the same it would be alright to bring the x over down to 2 hz, I realise the bass driver has more enclosure space but figured the only difff between x overs is going to change the characteristic of the high to mid frequency. I have cooked the x over in the speakers so have the opertunity to replace now.
    Cheers
    Brody