And Now...Some Polk Monitor 10B P*rn

Options
Qs_Laptop
Qs_Laptop Posts: 8
edited June 2020 in Vintage Speakers
The day has come for me to sell my system I put together in the late 1980's. That means my Polk Monitor 10B's are being listed on Craigslist. I've had some people over to look at my other components and they commented on how amazingly clean and flawless my Polk Monitor's appeared.

Mine have the real wood veneer finish and there isn't a nick, scratch, or gouge on any surface. No defects on the corners, edges, or sides.

I just took some pictures so I figured I'd share.

53ahc2fzfkio.jpg

c5iplpoa4o3n.jpg

6ojd1024km2c.jpg

fbkt9wuw5e2g.jpg

b011fytcsnq5.jpg

wezgi5g4x5x2.jpg

I've got the matching stands. What do you think I should list them at? One guy that was here said they would easily be worth $300.

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    10B? Which tweeter?
    Why no photos sans grilles?

• Qs_Laptop
    edited June 2020
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    10B? Which tweeter?
    Why no photos sans grilles?

I figured everyone has seen them without the grills. Here ya go...

s5fy4ffj3t6z.jpg

bl0gfa8xyep6.jpg

By the way, I found the receipt for these. Turns out I bought them 33 years ago, tomorrow, June 5th.

ry3z8m82e4w0.jpg

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Your thread comes across as though you're trying to sell them here. However, there is a rule requiring a member to have 100 posts before they are allowed to sell.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Yea, I was gonna said want @F1nut said.

They look sweet, but those tweets are less desireable and the crossovers are probably due for a refresh. If you’re not in a hurry list em high on Craigslist and see what happens!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Qs_Laptop
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Your thread comes across as though you're trying to sell them here. However, there is a rule requiring a member to have 100 posts before they are allowed to sell.

No, not trying to sell them here, just trying to get an idea of what I could ask for them. Sheesh, the shipping charges would be over $50 per speaker.
  • Qs_Laptop
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Yea, I was gonna said want @F1nut said.

They look sweet, but those tweets are less desireable and the crossovers are probably due for a refresh. If you’re not in a hurry list em high on Craigslist and see what happens!

I'm not in a hurry to sell them. I really don't want to sell them, but WAF isn't good.

OK, what is a "high" listing for these speakers?
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    Qs_Laptop wrote: »
    The day has come for me to sell my system I put together in the late 1980's. That means my Polk Monitor 10B's are being listed on Craigslist. I've had some people over to look at my other components and they commented on how amazingly clean and flawless my Polk Monitor's appeared.

Mine have the real wood veneer finish and there isn't a nick, scratch, or gouge on any surface. No defects on the corners, edges, or sides.

I just took some pictures so I figured I'd share.

I've got the matching stands. What do you think I should list them at? One guy that was here said they would easily be worth $300.

Real wood grained vynil, not real wood veneer.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,188
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I thought something was off. They are very pleasing on the eye, but if this is p*orn, they ain't natural. :D

PS: I think you might still try to get $300 and drop them down to $250 in negotiations for having the less desireable SL2000 and needing crossover plastic surgery.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Qs_Laptop
    Options
    Man, this is a tough room!

Anyway, I listed them for $350 last night and they were sold this morning. I had three inquiries overnight.
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Options