WOW Stereo Review mags complete online appear to be free reading

geppy1geppy1 Posts: 2,844
This site appears to have the Stereo Review magazines listed and readable Fun.

https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-All-Audio/HiFI-Stereo-Review.htm

Comments

• erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,327
    Nice find! Stereo Review used to be my favorite.
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse RCA, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Aries Mini, LKS MH-da004, Wireworld Silver Eclipse SC

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T, , W4S recovery,Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11
  • maxwardmaxward Posts: 553
    Good old Julian Hirsch.
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S, retipped by Soundsmith; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 19,393
    How cool. I just looked up my birth year/month (Feb 1962) and flipped thru it. Awesome.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amplifier: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: PSB Imagine T2
  • mantismantis Posts: 15,903
    That's way cool.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 25,403
    You guys didn't know about americanradiohistory ? :(

Audio and High Fidelity there, too... lots of electronics and tape recording magazines,too, plus catalogs and radio and showbiz periodicals -- books, all kinds of dandy stuff. Incredible site.
    They also have Vacuum Tube Valley there, too, but it is a little hard to find :p
    Oh -- also -- the PDFs are downloadable and they've been OCR'd and indexed, and they're searchable. That's the resource I have been using for my (umm... moribund) "Polk Audio ads" project. :)

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/180156/a-project-for-2018-compendium-of-polk-audio-ads-etc/p1
  • dolsey01dolsey01 Posts: 11
    Awesome, can't wait to go through the 80s issues and see all the gear I was drooling about as a kid that got me into this hobby.
    mmm -- 80s hifi...

l45yqjmiq5ys.png

;)
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 16,339
    I'm digging that site. As a long time subscriber it's cool to go back see how many I remember reading.
  • msgmsg Posts: 5,560
    I got a lot of catching up to do.
    I disabled signatures.
  • GardenstaterGardenstater Posts: 929
    edited May 22
    Awesome! Now if I can just find the review of the 7Bs that prompted me to buy them. I can't remember what magazine it was in but I'm thinking that it was definitely 1979.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub
    Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14 gauge, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,263
    Wow. That’s really cool. Love looking at the mid-late 90’s stuff.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
    edited May 22
    This looks like a good deal. Anyone else thinking of joining?
    b5rnlyhqi0kw.png

I disabled signatures.
  • dolsey01dolsey01 Posts: 11
    edited May 22
    msg wrote: »
    This looks like a good deal. Anyone else thinking of joining?

My cat joined, my dog joined, my fish joined......
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,749
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I belonged to BMG for a few years...

Columbia House too
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,263
    This first shipment was fantastic
    But each shipment after was massively painful
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
    Returns were a pain.
    I always hated getting tapes with a generic insert and no liner notes or lyrics!
    I disabled signatures.
  • geppy1geppy1 Posts: 2,844
    I had stacks of SR ,Audio and High Fidelity from the late early to late 80s when i worked in the audio bizz. Also had a few boxes for brochures from the late 70 through late 80s for various audio gear Not to mention drawers full of Chevrolet car brochures from mid 60 to mid 70. I would get at a service station in Longville MN that was a Chevy dealer near my grandparents cabin on Leech Lake. Gave or threw them all away IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WagnerRCWagnerRC Posts: 2,006
    Thank you for the link.
    geppy1 wrote: »
    I had stacks of SR ,Audio and High Fidelity from the late early to late 80s when i worked in the audio bizz. Also had a few boxes for brochures from the late 70 through late 80s for various audio gear Not to mention drawers full of Chevrolet car brochures from mid 60 to mid 70. I would get at a service station in Longville MN that was a Chevy dealer near my grandparents cabin on Leech Lake. Gave or threw them all away IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are some pretty decent online archives of car brochures,too ;)