Yamaha Aventage HDMI light flickers

Options
rburgess714
rburgess714 Posts: 616
edited May 2020 in Troubleshooting
I have my TV connected to my Yamaha Aventage 1060 via HDMI Arc. All tv content is streamed. In the last week the HDMI out light on the display panel will start to blink ever 5 seconds or so. Picture and sound still works. Has any one experienced this and how was it resolved. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Living Room
Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office
Yamaha A-S501, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,431
    Options
    Ray, just did a little quick reading on this. Some info out there re: HDMI handshake issues, and perhaps a switch to a high speed cable. Have you tried any cable tests yet?
    I disabled signatures.
  • rburgess714
    Options
    Scott, Short answer is no I haven’t tried a new cable, my existing is ran through the wall and the tv is mounted. I will try. What’s interesting is the TV was replaced a few weeks ago and everything was fine until about a week ago. Also I still get sound. What I don’t get is the Yamaha on screen menu hence I assume the HDMI out blinking light.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    edited May 2020
    Options
    How old is the cable. I agree with Scott could be handshake issue.

Have you tried other HDMI port on TV?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    How old is the cable. I agree with Scott could be handshake issue.

Have you tried other HDMI port on TV?

I am assuming he’s using the ARC which may only be one input.

I bought a used rx-v820 on eBay it does the same thing but otherwise works fine. I don’t get an on screen menu but I am also using an older tv with no ARC...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • msg
    Options
    You guys are all, like, fancy and stuff. I don't have a surround processor that supports HDMI, so I'm just talking the talk to hang out and be cool.
    I disabled signatures.
  • rburgess714
    Options
    Appreciate all the suggestions. I pulled out the cabinet from the wall checked connections again, specifically the ARC TV to AVR. Pushed back against the wall and no blinking light? I am thinking maybe the HDMI cable was getting pushed or pulled to where it was impacting the connection in the port of the AVR? Funny though I did try this yesterday with no success.
    Living Room

Office

• pitdogg2
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    You guys are all, like, fancy and stuff. I don't have a surround processor that supports HDMI, so I'm just talking the talk to hang out and be cool.

LOL I do not even have a TV, I did buy a Yammie receiver from Paul like 5-6 yrs ago it's been in a box for 3 yrs. now.

I'll never be as cool as you Scott you have it in spades B)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Wow has it been that long? We’re 👴
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Wow has it been that long? We’re 👴

I think I've bought more than one from you, I'm pretty sure my kid has one from you as well.

I'm old true stuff.
  • msg
    Options
    All I know is ghost pepper cheese is lava hot, and has effects lasting like one of @afterburnt 's exes.
    I was not prepared for this.
    I disabled signatures.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    Ray I still have that receiver in my living room set up too. Think we talked about it. I've never used it for its power but it does a great job processing everything. Glad you figured it out as I sure don't look forward to replacing mine anytime soon but we know none of em last forever. 😉
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Haven't had any issues with my Yamaha A-2070 yet as far as displaying on screen menu with ARC HDMI connection. I have lost my sound on my TV at times and I reboot my Fios box and Yamaha and all is fine.

I recently bought another HDMI cable and will see if that problem comes back. Both are AQ cables.

Hopefully yours is fixed.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • rburgess714
    Options
    Took a little news break at lunch my rigs seem to be fine now. @msg you are cool in my book.
    Living Room

Office

• rburgess714
    Options
    Ray I still have that receiver in my living room set up too. Think we talked about it. I've never used it for its power but it does a great job processing everything. Glad you figured it out as I sure don't look forward to replacing mine anytime soon but we know none of em last forever. 😉

Mine only powers my center but processes everything and I have no desire to upgrade. Tragedy averted.
    Living Room

Office

• rburgess714
    Options
    Well the HDMI out light started blinking again. TV which is streamed the audio works fine through the HDMI arc. However I attempted to play a blue ray dvd this evening and audio works but no picture. Perhaps the cable but it’s odd I get audio and no picture. If the HDMI wasn’t ran through the wall it would be easier to troubleshoot. Any other suggestions?
    Living Room

Office

• msg
    Options
    Is your TV wall or stand mounted? Could you temporarily try a cable swap without going through the wall, or is it just not accessible?

Maybe check for firmware updates on both TV and AVR?

Is the problem more consistent now, or still consistently intermittent?
    I disabled signatures.
  • rburgess714
    Options
    Tv is wall mounted but I am going to pull it off over the weekend, swap cable and not fish through the wall until I determine whether that’s the issue or not. Will check firmware.

Living Room

Office

• RandyCroissant
    RandyCroissant Posts: 475
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Interesting milito I am having a similar issue with my Yamaha RXA-1030, it is intermittent audio1 and audio 2 are coming in and out tried re booting the Avr in accordance with Yamaha it worked seemed fine for a few days then issue came back. Not sure what is going on here.
    Yamaha RXA1030, Yamaha CD-S2100, Yamaha AS-2200, Bluesound node 2i
    Polk SDA2btl highly modded
    Polk SDA 1C modded
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Randy it happens to me sometimes when I switch back from music on the USB connection listening to music to watching TV. I tried a new cable and it didn't help. It doesn't happen that often and it use not to do that, but it started happening 3 - 4 months ago. I wonder if it could be my Fios box because if I reboot my 2070 and cable box it works fine?
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.