Sourcing MW 6503s?.....midwest meh not so much.

Hi polk friends hope everyone is doing well and keeping on w current trends.

Does anyone recommend the midwest 6503s? They dont appear to me as much of a good match. Im in need of one if not maybe two considering they stopped production. Where are you guys going for them as of late? is fleeebay it now? I am truly disturbed they stopped producing this driver. It's like how dare they? I mean how was that even an option to consider? Lets visit the pos bean counter who made that decision.

Any help sourcing is much appreciated fellas....I still play my rig and even more these past few weeks...im limping by on luckily an older direct drop in from bose. But its gold hue basket is also quite disturbing contrasting the darth vader background it sits against my polky 10s. Not to mention its browning paper...it really realllyyyy must go.

Thanks again and cheers!!
Cool stuff: Adcom GFA-555, GFP-710, Oppo BDP-83, Monitor 10's w/RDO198s, rebuilt and modded XO: Sonicap/Mundorf topside, Daytons Low.
Benq W5000

"Leaning back like a maxwell tape commercial listening to pure polk bliss"

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Blame Denon. They forced Polk to abandon any support for any speaker older than 5 years old. That came directly from Polk CS suffice it to say Polk was none to happy yet they had NO skin in the game so to speak.
  • Its the stupidest thing to do if youre not dropping the name and its going to be a subsidiary of....then you should have to face in the contract that the operation run exactly as it always did. Im sure plenty of modern sales are from legacy fans just like us. I have never spoken poorly about a polk aud or Denon thats for a reason. We need those drivers around I still play vividly at times. Abandoning support means you plan to crank out cheesy products w short life spans.
    Cool stuff: Adcom GFA-555, GFP-710, Oppo BDP-83, Monitor 10's w/RDO198s, rebuilt and modded XO: Sonicap/Mundorf topside, Daytons Low.
    Benq W5000

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Denon doesn't own Polk. DEI/Sound United owns Polk, Def Tech, Denon, Marantz, Classe and a few others. The decision to end vintage Polk speaker support would have come from DEI.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    I think it's remarkable Polk maintained replacement drivers as long as they did.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • RandyWilliamson
    RandyWilliamson Posts: 178
    edited May 2020
    I think it's remarkable Polk maintained replacement drivers as long as they did.
    Youre right it is pretty remarkable. I guess all great things have their end. Glad youre doing well friend.
    Benq W5000