clipping

Options
Willow
Willow Posts: 10,876
edited May 2004 in Troubleshooting
this past weekend I was listening to our bedroom system .It was the tape deck an old sony (don't know the model #) all of a sudden a red clip came on the receiver and we can no longer listen to the tape deck without it clipping it may work for 10 mins then clip. What could cause this?? could it be the interconnectors ?? I am using cheapo's we had nothing else and I don't ant to buy better ones it the deck is cooked !! its hooked up to a kenwood vr6050 ( i think) the vcr has no probs the dvd has no probs just the tape !! any clues ???
Post edited by Willow on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Have you cleaned the heads and rollers?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Willow
    edited May 2004
    Options
    yes I made sure everything was clean....
  • Willow
    edited May 2004
    Options
    yeah the receiver lights up a red CLIP..... and awful noise comes from the speakers.....and how would I demag the tape head ?? or know if its that ???
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Good call Anonymouse!

Willow, check Rat Shack or like store for a head demagnetizer, it looks just like a cassette tape and will come with instructions.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Willow
    edited May 2004
    Options
    thanks !! I shall check it out today !!