MagniFi max sr surround speaker

wasim_5245
wasim_5245 Posts: 3
edited April 2020 in Speakers
I bought the MagniFi max sr with the surround speaker ..The surround speaker constantly making cracking and popping sound from the day1, even after 115 update... nothing helped .. is it my mistake to Trust the quality of Polk audio products? .. I wonder.. can any one tell how to resolve this ???

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I think your getting Wifi interference. This is a very common issue with anything broadcasting a Wifi signal which is what I believe the sounder is using to connect the Sub and Surround speakers. I dealt with some issues in a home with a Definitive Technology Soundbar which did the same thing.
    Learn what Wifi channels are in your area and especially your own wifi system. So 2.4 works on 1-11 and commonly used channels because they are the only ones that work properly is 1-6 and 11. If its in the 5g each channel is isolated from each other so all channels do not interfere with each other unlike 2.4. So IF you own Sonos it works on channel 6 on 2.4 unless you change it. Stock out of the box off the shelf wifi gear usually ships on channel 1 2.4. So I would put the soundbar on channel 11 as that channel on 2.4 is usually not used unless there are professionals setting up networks in your area or in your own home.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Tried but didn’t resolved . Popping sound only comes when rare speaker throws sound.. otherwise it’s quite ...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Send an email to: Adam.Abramson@soundunited.com he'll help.