Audioquest 6ft Rocket 33

Options
Hello all,
Here is a sweet pair of Rocket 33's 6 ft in length terminated in Banana Banana. Excellent quality in excellent shape ready to go.
$250.00 Shipped in the lower 48d9e5lvp06nq7.jpeg
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    Price Drop $225.00 shipped or best offer.
    Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    PRICE DROP
    Steal here for killer like new cables.
    $200.00 Shipped to your door.
    Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    PRICE DROP
    Ok here's the sweet deal of the day.
    $175.00 to your door.
    Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    Bump Make an offer I can't refuse and they are yours
    Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    Bump
    Dan
  • BensJamin
    Options
    Would you take $100?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    edited April 2020
    Options
    BensJamin wrote: »
    Would you take $100?

You could get these for $90 instead of coming on here and trying to lowball.
  • mantis
    Options
    Would you take $100?
    No Sorry to low

Dan
  • BensJamin
    Options
    Damn sorry I offended you sir with my offer. I already have 4 sets that I use for my overheads just needed 1 more set and I got mine originally for a lot less then $100 from an AQ rep. Just not in Contact with the good person anymore. Again sorry for the offensive offer and in the future whoever the cheerleader is that mentioned I was trying to lowball you could please mind their own business. If their not your cables please keep your comments to your self. Thanks
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,311
    Options
    He was right. An offer as low as that should have been sent privately or not offered at all. The man just lost his job and even though you lost your "hookup". He is not the one to take advantage of right now. Move along...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BensJamin
    Options
    Thanks for hanging up and how am I supposed to know his personal life. I made an offer publicly. It sounded like the gentleman was needing to sell the cables and I’m willing to pay $100 be it low or fair is for the seller to decide not his gang. Anyway they are just rocket 33 cables and I apologized if my offer was offensive. I just joined the forum yesterday to make the offer hadn’t spent the time to navigate it yet to send PM’s to anyone. Good to know how this place is and the people who that are on here. Good luck on your sale sir and sorry to hear that you are affected like everyone by these hard times. To the rest of the people that speak for you same goes to you. Enjoy your day I will leave this alone.
  • treitz3
    Options
    Fair enough and with a well reasoned response. Welcome to Club Polk. We are like family around here and I hope you end up participating in the fun.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Would you take $100?

Wow, jump on the guy for that? He just asked it's not like he said: "All I will give you is $100 you mewling swagbellied footlicker" or something.
  • treitz3
    edited April 2020
    Options
    An established family member that was perhaps down on his luck and knew the seller? Eh...

Here are the facts. Retail price - $340.00

Original asking price - $250.00 shipped

Dropped to $175 shipped

Offer? $100.00 presumably shipped.

$20 bucks to ship? $80 for a pair of $340.00 cables in excellent shape.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hmmmmm....You have a home for sale and times are hard. You paid 340K. Put it up for sale at 250K to liquidate. Dropped it to 175K and someone offers you $100K plus closing costs and Realtors fees on your dime?

Now, the offer came without ANY knowledge of the sellers conditions but still. While everyone is looking for a good deal? Damn. 80% off of retail for an item in excellent condition? How would you feel if this was the case with your home?

And in today's world? It could happen to almost anyone in the next couple of months.

Okay. I'll shut up now.

Tom

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Man, I would be like "No Sorry to low" then I would probably throw some dung at them but I wouldn't get all hostile.
  • BensJamin
    Options
    Honestly I’m sorry I participated in this at all. Is there any way to have an admin please delete my account on here? It would be much appreciated. Again I have never paid retail for any Audioquest so my apologize again to the seller and the seller only for this. I guess offering what I felt is fair Price for used cables of this class on here is a crime. I run a loom of Audioquest Wild blue yonder speaker cables and XLR using fire Xlr for the surrounds and Atmos. I use the Rocket 33 to go from wall plate to McIntosh amp only so it’s not a big deal to me their just cables and my very last time apologizing to the seller for starting all this. To much time on our hands is not a good thing. Please is there any admin that can help delete my account. Thanks for your time and all of the nice comments from everyone that chimed in on a classifieds sales listing.
  • mantis
    Options
    I would like to thank you guys for the kind words. In these hard times especially for me like many out there. I'm not the only one who lost their job with a family of 4.

I will go $160.00 shipped. I will keep them for any less than that. I'm the original owner. Shipping costs are very high right now. Not to mention if you can find another exactly the same condition set online for less then I say grab them. They are excellent cables. But you also have to factor in the shipping costs.

Anyway I wasn't offended by your offer Bensjamin, please stick around as you can clearly see we are a tight bunch and have known each other in here for many years.
    Our Members are the best.
    Dan
  • mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 477
    Options
    @mantis PM sent
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100 | 150” Elite Screen Acoustic Pro UHD
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine
  • mantis
    Options
    SALE PENDING
    Dan