Command bar sound cutting out

Options
gedo
gedo Posts: 1
edited March 2020 in Troubleshooting
I’ve recently purchased a Command Bar and have it connected to my TV via HDMI ARC. All working as it should except that the sound occasionally just cuts out and the indicator light on the bar goes off. Sometimes I can get it back on by simply changing channel or volume on the TV remote. Pressing the TV button on the Polk remote can also work. Very occasionally I have to switch TV off and start again. The issue appears to be totally random and can happen when using Sky box connected to TV through HDMI and when using Netflix etc on the TV itself. Any suggestions?

Comments

• keamigh
    keamigh Posts: 2
    Options
    I am having the sam issue with 3 different command bars on Samsung TVs. Have you had any luck fixing.
  • keamigh
    keamigh Posts: 2
    Options
    Not the best answer here but I reset all Command Bars to factory default, added them to the wifi but did not connect them to Amazon. Have worked perfectly. I did connect one to Amazon and within minutes it started having the same issue again. Just reset it. Using them as dumb sound bars. I bought these specifically to connect as speakers/sub into a multi-room music environment. Have in ceiling speakers in several rooms and was using these in the rooms with TVs as additional speakers and a sub. Did this last May. Worked for about a month and then have had no luck getting the Command Bars to join multi-room group since. I have 20+ Echo devices around the house. Not sure if that has something to do with both the multi-room issues and this ARC issue. The Command Bars have been a lot of trouble and incredibly flaky. My son spent hours on the phone with tech support to the point we were shipped two new bars - those had the exact same issues. Even tried to solve the ARC issue by swapping out one of these replacement devices with no luck. Definitely some issue related to the Amazon connection causing all of this. I know it is difficult for Polk to test all scenarios but these are basically dumb sound bars for me now. Not worth the frustration of trying to use them as Alexa devices given the constant issues.