CS400i Crossover details

Options
Does anyone have schematic for a cs400i? In the vintage section a lot of schematics are posted and the cs400 is there, but no "i" version. I think there were some small differences. I am looking for specifics for a recap. I will take mine apart to check if need be, but that involves moving a lot of stuff. I was hoping someone has the details. Thanks for reading.
SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200

Comments

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Was looking to change out caps for mine back in 2013 but never got around to it. Don't have a schematic but did exploratory surgery and believe I took pics of the caps...unfortunately, can't find them. Did find a file titled "XO Cap Values" in a CS400i folder. Not sure where I got the values or if they are correct but for what it's worth?

34uF 50V 5%
    200uF 50V 5%
    9uF 100V 5%
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Found a 2013 thread w/link to XO picture and talk about the CS400i...
    Thread: https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/152068/rt55-cs400-rt1000-vs-rt5000-system

Paging @WLDock...his pic and he was a knowledgeable Polkster in the discussion.
    XO Pic: https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v711/WLDock/Polk Audio/IMAG1008.jpg
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Navy_Goat wrote: »
    I am looking for specifics for a recap. I will take mine apart to check if need be, but that involves moving a lot of stuff. I was hoping someone has the details. Thanks for reading.
    JayCee wrote: »
    Paging @WLDock...his pic and he was a knowledgeable Polkster in the discussion.

I don't remember if there are any differences. However, the CS400 has to be about the easiest speaker ever to take apart. The plastic frame hold the compressed fit speakers in place. I think its like a 5 mm hex needed, Probably 5 min tops! If you have to do it 2-3 times its not a big deal.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Navy_Goat
    Options
    Thanks all for your responses! What I can see in that picture backs up the specs JayCee posted. I should just open my speaker up. I was just trying to avoid moving my who entertainment unit. Unfortunately my 400 does not quite fit out the front. Its too tall by 1/2 an inch. I will move everything and put stuff on order this weekend. I'll post more details here in case someone is looking for this information in the future.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    I was just trying to avoid moving my who entertainment unit.
    If you have to do a cap swap, you'll have to do this anyway. Just run without it until you get everything replaced. Then you only have to move it twice.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Navy_Goat
    Options
    Problem solved..... for now.

Today my dogs ate my soldering iron.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options

WOW if mine ate my iron I'd be very nice to him as it would be about 750* and he can eat it that hot I have nothing but praise for him.... :D:D:D
  • Navy_Goat
    Options
    zfedzugab9pk.jpg
    Meet ZuZu, 1 half of my dynamic duo of destruction.
  • Navy_Goat
    Options
    Luca, aka soldering iron crusher.
    tc63572prme8.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Cane Corso very nice!! Great dogs very familiar with

That is Chester in my avatar.
  • Navy_Goat
    Options
    We rescued one and then another. We really love sharing our house with them. Less so when they are eating things, which doesn't happen all that often. Generally they are fine alone with each other.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options

Gonna hurt coming out. I pitty scooping that....
  • Navy_Goat
    Options
    I guess destroyed by chewing is a more accurate description. I dont think anything substantial was consumed, but who really knows.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Well with these kind of dogs it's always a possibility things go south in a massive way. Most times male and female are good but two of the same s ex and it can just take a look.

I raised two brothers from my female they grew up all their lives together never apart. One day at 2yrs old they looked at each other acossed the room at each other and it was on. From that day on they could no longer be together at all.

I'm sure I'm not saying anything you do not already know.

Good looking dogs
  • Navy_Goat
    Options
    we brought this pair together when both were around 3. it took most of the first year for them to fully bind with each other. the first year involved more than one trip to the vet for stitches. Eventually patience won the day and they are now fine around each other. There were a few scary moments as they are big strong dogs.
  • Inspector 24
    Options
    Subscribing for results. It's a great speaker and I bet it's really great with some refreshing. Nice profile pic. Learn to race AutoX'er. When you do teach me. :p
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    Options
    I finally got around to opening my CS400i and I can confirm that the values JayCee posted above are correct. Now I will have to try to track the correct values down. A little quick searching shows that some of these values are not easy to find.