Music Fidelity M6si or Parasound HINT6

Comments

• I would say it is more "DETAIL" and how that "DETAIL" sounds is what I like about MF.

I was sold when I heard one guitar note in a song that I had never noticed previously. Then the musical gates opened for me.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Man, that MF A300CR for a g note has taken over my sleep. Sweet amp, little more balls than the A3CR. Time to ask the grandkids for my money back. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    edited February 2020
    Not familiar with some of the models mentioned here but will do some research, whatever I chose needs to have HT bypass. I am not in a rush so I can search the used markets. I think the A5 would be a great find if I am patient.

As far as Grunt, I meaning more volume not necessarily slamming bass.
    The A5 offers (HT) Bypass and so does the A308, although it's named AUX2.

Re: volume, does your current setup not get loud enough for you, or are you sensing that it seems to break up and/or go flat past a certain volume?

Is this with the S60s, 703s, or both?
    I'm pretty sure the fix is an A5 and LSiM 707s. I've seen it a million times.

And
    r1u3gdaauhtc.gif
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    the color might not be to your liking but here's another option.
    https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=167830.msg1780530#new
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • I would say it is more "DETAIL" and how that "DETAIL" sounds is what I like about MF.

I was sold when I heard one guitar note in a song that I had never noticed previously. Then the musical gates opened for me.

Yes, I want more detail and definition without being hot on the top end. I think I may look for a used A5?
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • marvda1 wrote: »
    the color might not be to your liking but here's another option.
    https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=167830.msg1780530#new

I couldn’t do an all white box just an ocd thing or personal preference. I read your review on the Kinki and it sounds like a great unit.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office

• rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    edited February 2020
    msg wrote: »
    Not familiar with some of the models mentioned here but will do some research, whatever I chose needs to have HT bypass. I am not in a rush so I can search the used markets. I think the A5 would be a great find if I am patient.

As far as Grunt, I meaning more volume not necessarily slamming bass.
    The A5 offers (HT) Bypass and so does the A308, although it's named AUX2.

Re: volume, does your current setup not get loud enough for you, or are you sensing that it seems to break up and/or go flat past a certain volume?

Is this with the S60s, 703s, or both?
    I'm pretty sure the fix is an A5 and LSiM 707s. I've seen it a million times.

And
    r1u3gdaauhtc.gif

Hey Scott more cow bell is always more better 😃 Grunt may have been a bad descriptor. I have the volume but I want detail, separation without being too analytical with smooth high ends. Can’t handle hot highs. I thing the A5 would work. It is a big open room that’s why I think I need the power though.
    Living Room

Office

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    I would say it is more "DETAIL" and how that "DETAIL" sounds is what I like about MF.

Musical Fidelity gets the music just right.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    tonyb wrote: »
    Man, that MF A300CR for a g note has taken over my sleep. Sweet amp, little more balls than the A3CR. Time to ask the grandkids for my money back. :)

You and me both brother.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • A3.5 on the music room for $749, 2 owners and 9 years old. Is this a good deal and or should I wait for an A5?
    Living Room

Office

• F1nut
    A5

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ^^^^^
    Thanks

I will practice patience, I will practice patience, I will practice patience.....
    Living Room

Office

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Good things come to those who wait.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Rburgess where are you located? I have a m6si that you could try if you want to pay some shipping.
  • rburgess714
    edited February 2020
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    Rburgess where are you located? I have a m6si that you could try if you want to pay some shipping.

Hey WagneRC. That’s a generous offer. PM sent
    Post edited by rburgess714 on
    Living Room

Office

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288

This is what i love about this place!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651

What an awesome offer!
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    here's another fine amp that just came up for sale.
    https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=167883.msg1781046#new
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1 wrote: »
    here's another fine amp that just came up for sale.
    https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=167883.msg1781046#new

Thank you sir. I think I am going to wait around for an A5 and if I don’t find one over the next couple months consider the M6.
    Living Room

Office

• BinKY188_5
    BinKY188_5 Posts: 128
    While doing some research on the Parasound HINT6, I came across this thread. The Musical Fidelity A5 is listed as a dual mono amp. Does this also mean it is NOT a common ground amp and could not be used on blade/blade SDA SRS?
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2020
    Go MF or go home.

I've got an A1008....same layout as the KW with a little less horsepower...and it will never leave here. Not even if there is a FIRE!

Me and Johnny Hopkins and Sloane Kettering were blazing that s**t up every day.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • F1nut
    BinKY188_5 wrote: »
    While doing some research on the Parasound HINT6, I came across this thread. The Musical Fidelity A5 is listed as a dual mono amp. Does this also mean it is NOT a common ground amp and could not be used on blade/blade SDA SRS?

If it's the typical MF dual mono topology the A5 is not common ground.

President of Club Polk

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Not sure if your ready to jump yet but Underwood has the M6Si on sale for $600 off this week. You have to do a bunch of scrolling on the specials page to find it...

https://www.underwoodhifi.com/products/memorial-day-sale-2020-underwood-hifi-v1z2?utm_source=audiogon&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=homepage
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • rburgess714
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Not sure if your ready to jump yet but Underwood has the M6Si on sale for $600 off this week. You have to do a bunch of scrolling on the specials page to find it...

Thank you for sharing. That’s a great deal and I am very tempted.
    Living Room

Office

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Damn it that's a great price...shipped.

Anyone has any thoughts on this M6Si vs. the A308?

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Ricardo
    Well I guess I'll know in a few days. I have an A308 I got from Paul - AKA hochpt21 - a little over 3 years ago and I'm extremely happy with it. It's been on 24/7 since I got it and it's one of those things you don't even think about. The idea of upgrading never crossed my mind. Well, to be fair audio upgrades have not been on my mind since I disassembled my audio room in 2012... Just enjoying the music when I have time for it with a modest system integrated with my HT, using the RTA 15TL's (Larry's rings and crossover mods).

Then why would you ask? The A308 is probably over 15 years old, and being on 24/7, well, it will probably need some TLC in the next few years. Plus, the USB input is something that will become handy. Plus, the price seems to good to pass.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Damn it that's a great price...shipped.

Wow...now I want one. :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Well I guess I'll know in a few days. I have an A308 I got from Paul - AKA hochpt21 - a little over 3 years ago and I'm extremely happy with it. It's been on 24/7 since I got it and it's one of those things you don't even think about. The idea of upgrading never crossed my mind. Well, to be fair audio upgrades have not been on my mind since I disassembled my audio room in 2012... Just enjoying the music when I have time for it with a modest system integrated with my HT, using the RTA 15TL's (Larry's rings and crossover mods).

Then why would you ask? The A308 is probably over 15 years old, and being on 24/7, well, it will probably need some TLC in the next few years. Plus, the USB input is something that will become handy. Plus, the price seems to good to pass.

Glad to hear she’s treating you well!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Ricardo
    edited May 2020
    10 pounds lighter, about an inch shorter and an inch wider. Looks actually pretty nice in black.

I'm not going to post a review but I have to say I like what I hear so far. The ability to put on standby with the remote is definitely a plus.

Oh....and thumbs up for Wally. Nice chat, quick shipping and unbeatable price.

8z6jnpjaavcz.jpg

SOPA
  • rburgess714
    edited September 2020
    Well I have been hunkered down working and paused on buying audio gear but the obsession is getting the best of me.

I am close to trading my Parasound P5 and A23 towards the M6Si.

@Ricardo are you loving yours?
    Living Room

Office