Fix or upgrade 5yr old PSW300

Options
hoosier
hoosier Posts: 12
edited May 2004 in Troubleshooting
I have a nearly 5yr old PSW300 sub that is part of a still functioning RM7300 surround systems. Still sound great, but the sub will rattle when driven hard. How do I tell if the woofer or amp is the problem?

Next question is it worth fixing or upgrade to a new model?? Suggestion are welcome!
Post edited by hoosier on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Sounds like a perfectly good reason to let the upgrade bug bite!

:D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Hello Hosier,
    Since you've indicated you've owned the unit less than five years you would:
    1). remove the power cord from the wall outlet.
    2). remove the 12 Phillips head screws from around the circumference of the amplifier input plate.
    3). the amplifier module will pull forward away from the enclosure, there is a plastic housing over the amplifier components with wires leading to the 10" driver. These can be wriggled and removed from the driver's terminals.
    4). the four screws holding the driver can be removed and the driver will then pull out of the cabinet.
    5). send to: Polk Audio, 2550 Britannia Blvd., Suite A, San Diego, CA 92154. Please include a short note giving us your name and address and a copy of your sales receipt.
    Regards, Ken, Polk
  • hoosier
    hoosier Posts: 12
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Ken,

Thanks for the reply. I double check the sales receipt and the the sub is over 5yrs old - was purchased Aug 1998. Hope the offer still applies???
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Hello,
    Email me at kswauger@polkaudio.com and I'll be happy to help out.
    Ken