Real room treatments on the way!

Options
2»

Comments

• TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    Panels are looking good! The first thing I noticed when playing with treatments was the Imaging tightened up, significantly.
    Thanks Mike!
    Funny you say that. Not 2 minutes ago I'm sitting here streaming some Azymuth and I noticed the same exact thing. I was very happy with that aspect of my system before. However, real acoustic treatments seem to bring the imaging up a substantial notch. The bass is also tighter and,for lack of a better term,faster.
    I'm a very happy camper.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • TEAforONE
    Options
    jbreezy5 wrote: »
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    I received my acoustical panels. They are GIK and a guy I found on EBay. The laminated panels are from E bay. The gentleman is located in the Ukraine. The price was right,4 panels,roughly 20”x20”x2” for $69 shipped. No affiliation. Anyhow,I installed everything thing this morning. I’m loving the better imaging and I also didn’t realize the bass was a bit boomy before the GIKs. Here’s my roompowwx7gi35s0.jpeg
    ebk48c9gql7f.jpeg
    c06tvyxcsq3g.jpeg
    gf7f8w6kp6x6.jpeg
    gct30kvh4yga.jpeg

Great set-up! Glad you got a satisfying result.

Thanks for the comment jbreezy5. I'm very satisfied. Until the next itch has to be scratched!
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    ...and the Saga continues... 😁
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Great job Ray! looks good too.
  • TEAforONE
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Great job Ray! looks good too.

Thanks Joe!
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    The nice thing about room treatments is the results are immediate . No burn in..........
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"