Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited January 2020
    Options
    CH46E wrote:
    I finally PMed Kerry and told him to "Eat a dick".

That's a little much man. Why not just put him on ignore and leave it be?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    CH46E wrote:
    I finally PMed Kerry and told him to "Eat a dick".

That's a little much man. Why not just put him on ignore and leave it be?

Well......I guess you could ask him the same question????

The following is not directed at you nightfall or anyone in particular for that matter.

What I did was try to defuse a situation and he went berserk. In a public thread mind you, not a pm. And now that I think about it, since he requested to leave (by his own choice as per F1nut) I dont feel so bad. HE DID IT TO HIMSELF. All cause a member pmed him to eat a dick? Come on man. No pitty party from me. He needed thicker skin.

If people want to compare my PM telling a member who was actually being a dick, to eat a dick in a PM between myself and him to what he did, you should think twice.

Yes, it sucks we lost him and I take some responsibility for it.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited January 2020
    Options
    You don't get it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• CH46E
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    You don't get it.

Please feel free to explain! You can PM me if you like. I'd really like to hear what you have to say.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Simple, you should have stayed out of it
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • CH46E
    edited January 2020
    Options
    So let me get this straight...... Kerry can spout off and ridicule anyone for simply mentioning another members name. Talk all kinds of **** and it's all good? As he put it in his own words "I'll always call people on ****" where the duck were you guys then telling him he "should have just stayed out of it"???

More hypocrisy here than I thought.

I posted on here that I wished I had handled it differently, I admitted my mistake, yet i still have people telling my i should have been or could have been banned and "you dont get it" and i "should have stayed out of it".

Did anyone tell kerry he should have stayed out of it? How the hell did i turn into the **** here. Did half you guys even see what he posted??

Let's not forget, Kerry chose to react the way he did.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Skip and Kerry are friends. Kerry wasn't going to get away with anything. You got into something you should have not been into

And yes I did see what was posted
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • CH46E
    Options
    Nothing bad was even said about Skip. Kerry 100% over reacted and I simply asked that he not ruin a thread that was going well.
  • CH46E
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Look, if anyone else wants to talk to me about what happened please PM me so we can discuss it. I'd be happy to listen to any criticism.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    Have we also lost nooshinjohn? I see a "user banned" on his avatar
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/profile/activity/nooshinjohn
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Still here.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    Speaking from experience in regards to how a post from the past can come back to haunt you in the future, and get you a 30 day ban, I think the mod should be asked to delete all posts from that night and few from this thread. I think everyone agrees that if you ask to have your account closed, you shouldn't be able to have your posts removed, but there are times when having certain posts removed is for the best. I think this event is best forgotten.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Speaking from experience in regards to how a post from the past can come back to haunt you in the future, and get you a 30 day ban, I think the mod should be asked to delete all posts from that night and few from this thread. I think everyone agrees that if you ask to have your account closed, you shouldn't be able to have your posts removed, but there are times when having certain posts removed is for the best. I think this event is best forgotten.
    rePORTED!
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    This event shall be...

zn89rdfv3glx.jpg
  • CH46E
    Options
    I'm really glad some have retained a sense of humor. I'm not being facetious.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @CassidyStains please close this thread.

When I first created it, I was wondering what happened, looking for understanding, and hoping for others to pay homage to such an admired (by me, and others), member of our community.

A lot of you did just that. Thank you for doing that. I think we can all agree that Kerry's contributions to this forum over the years were well received and appreciated.

But, unfortunately, things got a little, un-pretty. Mistakes were made. And, IMO, apologies accepted. But let's move on and get to other things, audio, and the usual banter. And fun!

Let's leave this thread in memory of a well respected member of our community, and ya never know, the door is still slightly ajar on our dear friend! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    Hear here!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    *shakes head*

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    This forum is turning into Twitter with all the associated drama.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »

You mean if twitter, Instagram and Facebook had a 3some
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

Hahahaha!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

That would beget some drama, I reckon.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Kurt300 wrote: »
    Says the man who thinks another member should be banned for saying that privately, but whose avatar is telling the whole world essentially the same thing.

I don't see where F1 thought someone should be banned. His words were "would definitely have been cause", and "if" Kerry reported it. Seems to me it was more cautionary than anything.

If you believe that that was what he wanted, then you're a better psychic than I am.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • F1nut
    Options
    Wrong again. But the level of over-the-top clueless hypocrisy in your post did entice me to comment. If you care to explain yourself in the context of what I pointed out rather than attack me, go ahead.

kurty...sweety....honey buns....I'm never wrong, you're a troll.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »
    Says the man who thinks another member should be banned for saying that privately, but whose avatar is telling the whole world essentially the same thing.

I don't see where F1 thought someone should be banned. His words were "would definitely have been cause", and "if" Kerry reported it. Seems to me it was more cautionary than anything.

If you believe that that was what he wanted, then you're a better psychic than I am.

kurty lives in a world of sugar plums and fairies......quite delusional.

President of Club Polk

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    In before the lock and wanted to get in as useless of a post as most in this thread..let’s all just move along - nothing left to see here.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    edited January 2020
    Options
    shawn474 wrote: »
    In before the lock and wanted to get in as useless of a post as most in this thread..let’s all just move along - nothing left to see here.

Just quoting before the lock.
    "The straightest distance between two lines is a point." Or something like that.
    I disabled signatures.
This discussion has been closed.