Signa S2 doesn’t auto connect when I turn tv on

Options
I have signa s2 connected to lg tv via optical. I have to hit TV on Polk remote every time I turn the tv on. Is there a way for the sound bar to automatically recognize the tv when I turn it on?

Comments

• BillHAustin
    Options
    I've bought three brands and encountered the same thing.. I believe that the CEC circuit may not have enough power. Out of curiosity, is your tv a VIZIO?
  • BillHAustin
    Options
    I happened upon the solution today. I paused the tv show until the soundbar turned itself off. Waited 5 minutes. Then I turned the bar on with the Polk remote. The vizio popup said we have found and set up your visio sound bar. To test. I turned it all off with the vizio remote. All off! Turned on with vizio remote. All on and volume worked correctly!
  • hfritts
    hfritts Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a Samsung that will not power on the Signs S2. I will try the above solution.
  • mysunset
    mysunset Posts: 1
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Is the SignaS2 compatible with LG TV. It is not recognizing the HDMI cable plugged into the ARC plug
  • rdjmaddress
    Options
    I have this issue with my Vizio. It has been getting worse. The TV was working then it started making a squealing noise from the power cord side of the TV. Now this issue is getting worse and more frequent. Good thing It is under warranty and they are coming in two days to replace the power supply and main board. I will try to update this when The work is complete
  • Adi797
    Options
    I have a Samsung 49 Qled tv which until recently controlled my Signa 2 soundbar perfectly. For no apparent reason the TV stopped recognising the sound bar. I changed the hmdi cable and the port, but the problem still persisted. I can get sound through the optical port, but would prefer the hmdi conection. Does anyone have any suggestions please.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,489
    edited November 2022
    Options
    A little clarification is needed. Are you saying the soundbar's functions used to be controlled by the Samsung's remote, but no longer are?