SB1 Omni Remote not working

Options
Good morning, we have a 3 year old SB1 soundbar and the remote recently stopped working, changed batteries, powered down bar, unplugged, powered back up, still nothing. Tried to sync our tv remote to bar to get that to work but tutorials all say to use the polk remote as one of the steps. Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Eep
    Eep Posts: 9
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hold down power button for 10 seconds to force-reset the sound bar. It's a pain but I've found it's the only way to get the remote to work again. Unfortunately, the sound bar will need to be re-setup for wireless networking and any other remotes programmed for volume, mute, power, etc.

Subwoofer static causes bass "thumping" too--I have to turn off the sub at night in order to sleep. Plus the sub and sound bar don't seem to have an auto power-off after a certain amount of inactivity.

Such a bad design the Polk Omni SB1 (and Plus, which I have) is!
  • Eep
    Eep Posts: 9
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Unfortunately, after several power outages, holding down the power button for 10+ seconds to reset the soundbar no longer restores the remote control and I must use the soundbar's built-in controls to control the soundbar. Annoying!

I also can't control the volume in the Polk Omni app even though the soundbar is connected.

I won't be buying Polk products again for sure!