I Sonic CD/DVD table does not work

Options
The CD/DVD table when opening does not open fully without some help. When I put a CD in slot and close, it cannot read CD, simply indicates no CD found. This unit was purchased around 2007/2008 time period and I have used in my office. Would like to fix if possible.

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Tear it down and lube it. Maybe try another form that caters to components as opposed to those that focus on speakers for more specifics.
  • texpat
    Options
    Is it difficult to tear down and lube? Looked for utube without luck
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    YouTube is only as good as the poster.... Again, but not to shy you away from club Polk, a more focused forum would be a better bet for your particular problem.

I'm not familiar with your model, so given that, my first step would be to pull the case cover and observe it's operation to get an idea of how the parts interact, and what touches what. It may be obvious as soon as you open up?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    texpat wrote: »
    The CD/DVD table when opening does not open fully without some help. When I put a CD in slot and close, it cannot read CD, simply indicates no CD found. This unit was purchased around 2007/2008 time period and I have used in my office. Would like to fix if possible.

Your issue could be few things. The tray belt could be worn out and/or the transport lube has dried up and/or logic chip failure and/or optical pickup failure. If you have no idea what you're doing it would be best to have a professional repair shop look at it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk