iPhone backups and Catalina

Options
Hello all,
For years I backed my phone up on my Macs. I would plug into iTunes and save a back up weekly. Now that is gone, there is no iTunes anymore and the Finder option is stupid. The backups are grayed out.
Any Apple people in here can shed some light on what the hell did Apple do to Catalina ? I hate that iTunes is gone. Separating everything I think makes it harder for us old Apple users to use Apple things.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    edited November 2019
    Options
    What’s Catalina? Don’t you just use iCloud backup? I haven’t plugged my phone into a computer in sometime...
    FYI iTunes keeps auto updating on my PC. You telling me it doesn’t work anymore even though it continues to update?!?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    Catalina is Mac's newest operating system
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • maingey
    maingey Posts: 628
    Options
    mantis wrote: »

My MIL is asking all kinds of questions on this... Her MS Office suite now has cross bars on them and she is being forced into Office 365
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    maingey wrote: »
    mantis wrote: »

My MIL is asking all kinds of questions on this... Her MS Office suite now has cross bars on them and she is being forced into Office 365

Catalina runs only 64-bit applications. Any version of MS Office for Mac prior to the most recent is 32-but. You can buy the most version for $149.00 w/o Outlook on the MS website.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.