Round SDA/Monitor series plates

Options
2»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Ordered the NL4MP-UC. Thanks. Thinking about getting the right angle connector
    https://www.parts-express.com/neutrik-nl4frx-speakon-spx-right-angle-cable-connector-4p--092-192
    I have them. From experience I'll say you need the binding post on top or they get in the way to turn and lock. If you have 4 binding post. P.I.T.A.
  • michaeljhsda2
    Options
    I was planning on having the binding posts above the Neutrik socket anyway, just looks better IMO. It takes a quarter turn to lock the connector in place if memory serves me correctly. If that's the case, I'll install the socket so that it's at the 3 o'clock position when the plug is inserted and a quarter turn to the right to lock it in place, leaving the cable pointing straight down.
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I was planning on having the binding posts above the Neutrik socket anyway, just looks better IMO. It takes a quarter turn to lock the connector in place if memory serves me correctly. If that's the case, I'll install the socket so that it's at the 3 o'clock position when the plug is inserted and a quarter turn to the right to lock it in place, leaving the cable pointing straight down.

That's incorrect. Install the socket with the large tab cut out at 12 noon.

There's no valid reason to use the right angle type unless you have your speakers one inch off the back wall, which no one would.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,042
    Options
    Noted on the nl4, I usually seal around the connections and the perimeter regardless
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Yep correct. In that position the cable will be pointed at the floor with 90° neutrik connection.

• michaeljhsda2
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »

Yep correct. In that position the cable will be pointed at the floor with 90° neutrik connection.
    Thx
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's