Built in cone dampening

VR3
VR3 Posts: 27,969
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• I find better results with green painters tape. The bass is much tighter, and digs a little deeper.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited September 2019
    should we wait for @Viking64 or shall I mention the difference between damping
    and dampening at this point? ;)

... besides...

heck, we all know that buffalo plaid duct tape is the best thing to use!

fo8p3dkz08f9.png

EDIT:

PS let's add another photo here from the ad (which, face it, won't be around forever) for posterity's sake, and to add even a little more context to this... umm... abomination.

;)

v3b7iqfrtut1.png
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I think I need some of this.
    5am this morning woke up to one heck of a Crash!
    Came from closet.
    Went in there and one of the wire shelving racks had come off the wall. Totem Rainmakers sitting on the floor from an 8’ fall. Gouged up and looking terrible, but still in tact (have not tried to play them yet- might be internal damage).
    Sad 😞
  • VR3
    Oh man, that sucks, hopefully an easy fix
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • joecoulson
    Eh.

One of them was relatively unscathed, the other has damage that will not be fixable

ojbtth499wbv.jpeg
  • joecoulson
    It does seem though that there are no loose parts on the inside, I will see if I can test them later to make sure they are both working properly
  • Oh wow! That sucks!!
  • joecoulson
    First time hooking these up since that crash. They work. And nothing loose. The grilles were trashed, but the speaks have just a few scuffs and work great. Whew. I’ll be keeping them.

Awaiting new in case anyone was wondering.

pfws5py1r7qf.jpeg
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    They’re a little “seasoned “.
  • VR3
    What ya getting Joe
  • joecoulson
    Not really a change. But I’m hoping better on what I already have.

Trying the bookie version of the elacs. AS-61 plus the Elac stands.
    The towers are great and very happy with them, save one thing. The tweeter is 48”AFF

As you remember that is considerably higher than ear level. And in my space I think the height of the bookie (at almost 10” lower) will serve the space better. I will up the crossover on the P6 to 50hz

Keeping the towers for now to make sure it’s what I want, but I have really come to love these speakers. So this is the best of both worlds for me.

Enjoying the Rainmakers which really sound good right now. That Seas metal tweeter is super detailed.
  • VR3
    Gotcha and yes the towers tweeters are super high, I'm sure the monitors will sound great
  • joecoulson
    Thank You. Hoping so too.
    One arrived today and other will be here tomorrow.

Shipments took two very different Paths from the same origin. FedEx = dopes.