Diana Krall Last Night

Options
JayCee
JayCee Posts: 1,479
edited September 2019 in Music & Movies
Absolutely fabulous performance and one of the most enjoyable concerts in a while. Sound was superb!

Few concerts are mixed at a reasonable level that don't require hearing protection. This...was like listening to my SDA's with thousands of people in the room...but BETTER! Nuances of the instruments and fade out disappeared into infinity...you could hear a pin drop. Only other time I've experienced this is with George Winston (seen multiple times) and he actually asks his audience to hold their applause until the final note plays out.

Band was very tight and Diana appeared to enjoy herself (her Aunt in the audience). She's obviously chosen her members wisely. A few of the songs were a wee bit free-form Jazz and I can't say I always "get it", however, this was one of those times it "clicked" for me. There are great performers, great bands and great performances. Last night I was in the presence of greatness. Can only think of a few living names close to her. She's at the top of her game.

:smiley:

Cruddy pic's from my phone...

ix070g9lpywb.jpg
p9qm9i1uo7ae.jpg
1uzrb6efjfhm.jpg
7d4kr8tsvbz7.jpg
ienlmlcaio1j.jpg
qsbl4sxvxvui.jpg
Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬

Comments

• Inspector 24
    Options
    Awesome! Lover her music. Always a go to for reference and relaxation.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    Awesome! Love her few SACDs that I have. Looks like a terrific night out!
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Sounds like you had a good time, if she ever comes close to me I would definitely go.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    Own all her stuff!!
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    I’m a big fan. Would love to see her live...
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A