Podcast review of Legend L800’s

Options
gyosa
gyosa Posts: 699
Dayens Ampino , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

PS Audio S300 - sitting in the closet for now …

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
    Nice to hear all the raving about Polk speakers. Thanks for the post
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    If that little review won't fire up the dead ..nothing will. Has me wanting a pair!! No lie!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    Options
    They were so amazed by the SDA feature they really didn't talk much about how they sound. The podcast comments provided more insight on how they sound.

"Ron and I have been talking about the Polk loudspeakers since they returned. Aside from the imaging and soundstage depth/width which is phenomenal, they are very neutral sounding and very detailed. I’m more of “midrange warmth and tone” guy and Ron responded that they are amazingly transparent sounding but not “warm” in that way. They were also using an AVR (unless I read my notes wrong) to drive them and don’t seem like a very hard load. 85-86dB, 4 ohms. I’d love to hear them with the Schiit Aegir or a tube amplifier with 50-100 watts using EL34s or 6550s. We plan on a lot more coverage so keep on reading. Thanks for the comment. IW"
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Provocative and glowing - though not particularly incisive - review of the L100s:
    https://www.techhive.com/article/3437045/polk-legend-l100-review.html
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Inspector 24
    Options
    Good podcast. Thanks for the share!

Thy sure didn’t hide how impressed they were. Lots of great one-liners worthy of a full review headline.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    bump
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    bump
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Provocative and glowing - though not particularly incisive - review of the L100s:
    https://www.techhive.com/article/3437045/polk-legend-l100-review.html

Thanks for posting that.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk