Center Speaker Problem

Options
castle_chaser
castle_chaser Posts: 6
edited May 2004 in Troubleshooting
Hello All... I am new to the forum and I need some help. I have a RM7600 H/T system with the PSW650 sub and I just got everything hooked up and my center speaker tweeter is not tweeting (working). I hooked up one of my Klipsch Forte main speakers to the center channel and the dialog (voices) are crystal clear. Any suggestions, ideas, or help out there would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you...
Post edited by castle_chaser on

Comments

• gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Ken will tell you what to do when he sees this, hold tight.
    Graham
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Hello,
    Sorry you're having problems with the RM7600 center channel. It sounds as though the tweeter has been damaged and would have to be replaced. To do this you would remove it from the cabinet (three Phillips head screws hold the tweeter onto the front of the cabinet and two wires disconnect from the tweeter's terminals) and send it to Polk Audio, 2550 Britannia Blvd., Suite A, San Diego, CA. 92154. Please include a short note giving us your name and address and a copy of your sales receipt. The service department will quickly have a replacement on the way back to you. You can continue using the speaker, if you wish, just make sure the two tweeter wires don't touch each other.
    Regards, Ken, Polk