This is some deep thought ,Dave Chappelle

MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Insert Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif here.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Interesting take. Love Dave Chappell, who would have thought he’s a hobby farmer in a small town in Ohio, when he’s not making people laugh.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Does he grow popcorn?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited September 2019
    Yep, he strolls the streets of Yellow Springs Ohio just like any other resident and is treated the same. His wife owns and runs a small gift shop there as well.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Filthy, but hysterical. Don't agree with all his views, but it was well done
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    That's a very interesting take on it, and a quite 'real' perspective.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    jdjohn wrote: »
    That's a very interesting take on it, and a quite 'real' perspective.

Not really, it's a decades old idea that unfortunately the courts don't view. Think how lopsided divorce law is, especially in a day of empowered and equal women. Things have never been equal when it comes to the subject title or a mans money.

Dave Chappelle says it and he's suddenly a deep thinker ? Where's Snoop Dogg when ya need him. :D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    . Don't agree with all his views, but it was well done

Sadly, that concept is lost far too often in our society. You don’t have to agree with everything someone says or feels, or the ability to find value in a viewpoint that’s different from your own.

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Well, I have first-hand experience with divorce law. In retrospect, I probably got off easy.

Reading the article, which was really just a recap of his stand-up bit on the subject, I think it was interesting how he set the audience up, and then put the twist on. He and Snoop have different art forms, but both effective.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    what about Gwyneth Paltrow? She should get a kick at the ball, too, eh?

:|
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »
    what about Gwyneth Paltrow? She should get a kick at the ball, too, eh?

:|

She can’t kick the ball cause its stuck “somewhere” to help “cleanse” her aura :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I still think we need to stop distributing food for famine relief, and send them U-Hauls instead. That way they can move to where the food is. ;):D
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited September 2019
    I still think we need to stop distributing food for famine relief, and send them U-Hauls instead. That way they can move to where the food is. ;):D

That comes from Sam Kinison ...."we have deserts, we just don't live in them"...another great comedic mind
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    Just watched it tonight - funny as heII. True comedy should make you a little uncomfortable - as the old saying goes “behind every joke is a little bit of truth”.

Oh, and as if I needed another reason to suspect political motivations have infiltrated Rotten Tomatoes...

auegz5ujygsc.png
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn