I ended up with 2 left SDA SRS 2.3's from craigslist, now what?

124»

Comments

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,950
    That's going to be a really hard sell. They would sell faster parted out and he'd make more money.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ManticoreManticore Posts: 405
    A shame he couldn't find the guy with 2 rights and make a deal.
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • John312John312 Posts: 31
    Thanks again to everyone! If I can sell them as is to someone that has more woodworking skill or money than I that would be great. I am also fishing on eBay to see if someone has a right channel so I can make a deal. Hopeful thoughts, but maybe. If I can't find a mate or a carpenter buyer, I think I will attempt the modification myself or with a cabinet maker. Just trying to sort it all out. Your feedback has helped me along the way and if I mod these I will post photos and use all the great suggestions. I appreciate all the feedback and wisdom, you guys have been great!
  • John312John312 Posts: 31
    Whatever I do, it's time to slow down and do it right. The parts and bits are in excellent shape and I don't want to muck that up.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,493
    Where do you live.... plenty of local Polkies with experience may be willing to help you.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,728
    Where do you live.... plenty of local Polkies with experience may be willing to help you.

Check his Ebay listing.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,692
    edited September 5

In the heart of SDA country Colorado.
  • ddogddog Posts: 213
    Shoot... I think I'd add two drivers to both of them and have VR3 build me some custom crossovers...

I bet they'd kick butt like that..
    ddog wrote: »
    Shoot... I think I'd add two drivers to both of them and have VR3 build me some custom crossovers...

Baby 1.2TL's?
    By the way, the Ebay price is down to $600. Down 50 bucks from a couple of days ago.
    la2vegas wrote: »

Baby 1.2TL's?

Heck yeah!
    To bad I'm flying and not driving to RMAF...
  • verbverb Posts: 7,990
    la2vegas wrote: »

Baby 1.2TL's?

Brilliant!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,692

I'd think the cabinet would be too small and over drive the passive... Pure speculation only on my part.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,950
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I'd think the cabinet would be too small and over drive the passive... Pure speculation only on my part.

Definitely.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk