Popeyes Chicken Sandwich..Anyone??

2»

Comments

• Being from the somewhat south (KY) fried chicken was s staple. But the best I have had other then home cooked is Chuys out of Austin, TX.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Chicken Town

Brick NJ

http://chickentownbrick.com/

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    WLDock wrote: »
    VR3 wrote: »
    Fried chicken (and fried food) is disgusting. To each their own!
    Interesting! I always want to know what folks eat that don't eat fried foods, pork, meat, sugar, etc. I'm really curious about veganism, vegetarianism, etc. and what they eat in a typical day.

What do you eat on a typical day?
    What if any fast food do you eat?
    What do you eat at site down restaurants?
    Do you each chicken prepared other ways? Any other meats?

I happen to like fried chicken but I try not to eat it too often. Some of the best was homemade and once I has some from a small town market that was awesome.

As far as fried chicken from fast food places, KFC, Popeyes, Churches, etc. don't really impress me much. IMO, Popeyes spicy is the best out of the bunch. I've eaten Chick-fil-a and found it to be alright. A good non-fried sandwich, nuggets, salads however, IMO their customer service is their specialty.

As far as Popeyes I actually had the sandwich before the craze got even more crazy. There were no long lines or wait when I tried it. I though it was a good tasting fried sandwich. The crust was flaky, the chicken succulent, and the bun and topping were fine. Even so, I don't understand the craze.

Anyway, I like to mix things up and always look for ways to eat better. I do eat fast food but its not what it used to and can be pretty sad source for food sometimes. I know I need to get away from it and find alternatives. I struggle mostly during lunch if I don't prepare a meal. Just interested on the perspective of others.

I think you know my perspective. Truth is, I don't deprive myself of anything, cheeseburger, ice cream, whatever. I just learned to cut down on portion size and how often on the bad stuff. Replace it with more whole fruits and veggies, grass fed meats and butter. Grass fed milk for the coffee. Trying to cut out a lot of sugar/salt and processed foods, which just about anything that comes in a box, bag, or can has tons in it. Really cut down on the bread too, as that's one of my pitfalls.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb wrote: »
    Interesting! I always want to know what folks eat that don't eat fried foods, pork, meat, sugar, etc. I'm really curious about veganism, vegetarianism, etc. and what they eat in a typical day.

I happen to like fried chicken but I try not to eat it too often. Some of the best was homemade and once I has some from a small town market that was awesome.

As far as fried chicken from fast food places, KFC, Popeyes, Churches, etc. don't really impress me much. IMO, Popeyes spicy is the best out of the bunch. I've eaten Chick-fil-a and found it to be alright. A good non-fried sandwich, nuggets, salads however, IMO their customer service is their specialty.

As far as Popeyes I actually had the sandwich before the craze got even more crazy. There were no long lines or wait when I tried it. I though it was a good tasting fried sandwich. The crust was flaky, the chicken succulent, and the bun and topping were fine. Even so, I don't understand the craze.

Anyway, I like to mix things up and always look for ways to eat better. I do eat fast food but its not what it used to and can be pretty sad source for food sometimes. I know I need to get away from it and find alternatives. I struggle mostly during lunch if I don't prepare a meal. Just interested on the perspective of others.

I think you know my perspective. Truth is, I don't deprive myself of anything, cheeseburger, ice cream, whatever. I just learned to cut down on portion size and how often on the bad stuff. Replace it with more whole fruits and veggies, grass fed meats and butter. Grass fed milk for the coffee. Trying to cut out a lot of sugar/salt and processed foods, which just about anything that comes in a box, bag, or can has tons in it. Really cut down on the bread too, as that's one of my pitfalls.

But bread is the best...
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • tonyb wrote: »

But bread is the best...

As good as but 🧀 ??😂
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,972
    Being from the south, I would say it is hard to find non fried food, which in a way it is. My wife is of Asian descent so that has opened my eyes to alot of different food.

Grilled chicken, salmon, shrimp, lobster, crab, tofu, tuna, oysters, clams

Then when you get into vegetables and fruits, name them all plus taro, bitter melon and all kinds of off the wall stuff.

Man the options for non fried food is honestly limitless.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251

Yes. Fried food sucks. Don’t remember the last time I had fried food.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    tonyb wrote: »
    OMG, bread, or baked goods in general are the crux of my high triglyceride problem. I'm a carb junkie and I need to kick the habit! My goal is to cut back and loose the belly fat. The plan is to drop about 25-30 lbs and maintain it. I have a lot of work to do.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • WLDock
    edited September 2019
    Being from the south, I would say it is hard to find non fried food, which in a way it is. My wife is of Asian descent so that has opened my eyes to alot of different food.
    Then when you get into vegetables and fruits, name them all plus taro, bitter melon and all kinds of off the wall stuff.
    Now, that's the food life I need to live. My palate and brain likes grains and starches but my older age body does not. I really love rice and pasta but I need to learn to eat more sweet potatoes, squash, etc instead.

Tell me more... give me your typical breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu?

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Not to change horses but if anyone here gets an opportunity to visit a Cooper's Hawk resturaunt..Do It!! We did as a family on Sat. Was a whim as we were going to eat at Bagger Dave's. New place just opened at the turn in of the lot to Dave's we spotted it and said..let's give them a try instead. Wow!! The burger just slaughtered anything I've ever had in that department and the whole experience was so good we are going again on Friday. Just class place all the way around. Feel sorry for the neighboring eareties once the word gets out. This place will crush em all.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I'm a pollo porko beefo vegetarian, When you come home you can eat, pork and beans
    I eats mo' chicken, any man seen.
  • WLDock
    edited September 2019
    Not to change horses but if anyone here gets an opportunity to visit a Cooper's Hawk resturaunt..Do It!! We did as a family on Sat. Was a whim as we were going to eat at Bagger Dave's. New place just opened at the turn in of the lot to Dave's we spotted it and said..let's give them a try instead. Wow!! The burger just slaughtered anything I've ever had in that department and the whole experience was so good we are going again on Friday. Just class place all the way around. Feel sorry for the neighboring eareties once the word gets out. This place will crush em all.
    We actually have one whose front entrance is outside of the local Mall. I've never heard of them until I moved here in '12. I though the place looked a bit upscale to be in a Merrillville/Hobart, Indiana Mall but its a nice option to have. Anyway, I've been there a couple of times and the food, wine, and atmosphere is nice. The place always seem to be packed. Also, the heavenly aroma coming from the grill every time I enter the Mall at that entrance makes me want to site down for a bite.

23802719.jpg
    55356ba49c376.image.jpg
    5033ecfa1478e.image.jpg
    Post edited by WLDock on
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    We have them here too, honestly...they suck in my opinion. Food is just OK and the wine is horrible

OMG, bread, or baked goods in general are the crux of my high triglyceride problem. I'm a carb junkie and I need to kick the habit! My goal is to cut back and loose the belly fat. The plan is to drop about 25-30 lbs and maintain it. I have a lot of work to do.

I'm Italian so bread is like life blood to me. I cut way back on it. Baked goods ?? Dude, I could live in a bakery and be happy forever. Cut that back too. Deli ?? Don't get me started.

Like I said, I don't deny myself anything, just cut the portions and how often on the bad stuff. Pasta....here's the thing, it's not bad for you if it's homemade. Store bought pasta has too much junk added to it that brings on the pounds. Easy to make yourself and tastes better too. Load it up with fresh herbs, fresh organic tomatoes, lemon zest, anchovy paste, garlic, pesto, however you like it.

Have to get rid of the bad fats and carbs, replace with good fats and some carbs.....and learn to put the fork down when your full and not gorge yourself. Go for a walk everyday, at least a mile.

Good fats- like grass fed butter, grass fed meats and cheeses/milk, Avocados. Raw olive oil, not cooked. All oil is bad for you when you heat it up. Some worse than others. Nuts are good too, even some dark chocolate. Incorporate more greens into your diet, more berries,fruit, more veggies, fish, oysters/octopus

Cut down on the sugar too, try and keep under 30 grams a day. Sounds easy eh...but everything has added sugar in it these days.

Do not drink that crap fruit juice in stores, no better than drinking soda. Needs to be fresh squeezed with some pulp in it. That pulp is fiber, and your body treats the sugar differently when fiber is added. Pomegranate juice is also good, mixed with a little fresh squeezed OJ. Drink some green tea with lemon, throw a slice of ginger in it or fresh mint. Water water water....can't say that enough. Forget the diet soda too, worse for you than regular soda.

Have a bad day....went to eat at Mc D's, or fried chicken ? Cool, make an effort to eat good for 3 days after. Just a matter of being more conscious of what we put in our mouths. We all have tastes for the bad stuff, just limit it is all. If you deny yourself totally, you'll crave it more.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Man oh man, after all this excitement about the new Polk Legends, something old is new, and all...

I'm thinking about trying one of the chicken sandwiches! Are they available yet? Or do I have to wait until November? :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • I guess Cooper's Hawk locations could vary as today marks our second visit to nothing less than perfection. As for wine..my wife said it was good but she has set in on a brand that she won't waver from..the food joints in my area all suck. Our Hawk soars above em all. Tony must be in an area where they cut all the corners. 😂😂
  • verb
    verb wrote: »
    Man oh man, after all this excitement about the new Polk Legends, something old is new, and all...

I'm thinking about trying one of the chicken sandwiches! Are they available yet? Or do I have to wait until November? :)

Popeye's had no chance with the Mrs! Took her to our favorite local Thai restaurant! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    lightman1 wrote: »
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Anyone live in the Quad Cities area of Illinois...I have a local joint that puts all these chicken joints to shame,

Whatcha got?
    There is a place in Sterling called The Candlelight. Drop in there and order yourself the "Chicken George" dinner. You will not be disappointed my friend....
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Dude....if you have a triglyceride issues, cut out all diary ASAP. You may be shocked by the results!
  • WLDock
    edited September 2019
    If you deny yourself totally, you'll crave it more.
    Great info there Tony. I've never made pasta before. Maybe something to try.
    Popeye's had no chance with the Mrs! Took her to our favorite local Thai restaurant! :)
    Man! I miss the good Thai food back in MI. There are not too many places around here in NW Indiana. My first exposure to Thai food was in the late 80's. Thai House (now called Bangkok Cuisine) in Roseville, MI was really good stuff back then.
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Dude....if you have a triglyceride issues, cut out all diary ASAP. You may be shocked by the results!
    Yes, I've stopped drinking milk and cut back on cereals. I will indulge on some granola and rice milk from time to time. Also, I've cut back on cheese and yogurt but have not eliminated these. Still trying to find a good balance.

Post edited by WLDock on
  • verb
    Bangkok Cuisine in Roseville! I’ll have to check em out! :)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,647
    Bangkok Cuisine in Roseville! I’ll have to check em out! :)

Yeah, Dave. Bangkok. This surprises no one!!!!! :o
  • WLDock
    edited September 2019
    The place was actually called Thai House back then and was run by Chef Pipop Leodhuvaphan (Mr. Hot Cooked). Its was great food and always on the Metro Times, Det Free Press, etc top Thai food list. They used to have a hot food eating contest every year. They offered seven levels of spices with the hottest being crazy hot with like 25 different peppers in a dish.

0_0_3872_6514.jpg

Back then, I worked at a bicycle shop and one of my co-workers brother was dating Pipop's daughter. They eventually had a child and I think they may have married. Anyway, I read that the restaurant was sold and Pipop went back to Thailand. So, I'm not sure of the quality of the food today but they sure have expanded to several locations around the Metro area. https://www.bangkokcuisinemi.com/

Here's the new owner's story:
    Our Story
    IT ALL BEGAN IN 1983...
    Somnuk and Montree Arpachinda know exactly what following the "American Dream" means. Arriving from Thailand to Michigan in 1971, they opened their first Bangkok Cuisine in 1983. At a time when many people didn't know about Thai food, the couple overcame GREAT ADVERSITY AND HAVE established an empire OF THAI restaurants across THE Metro Detroit AREA, EMPLOYING OVER 100 INDIVIDUALS.

We are thankful you came to visit us on the web, and look forward to sharing our enticing and authentic Thai cuisine with you.

• verb
    This is dreaming about the day they become available again! :)
    1g53k7ke308g.png
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675

Bitter melon. Awesome!! Try slicing it thin and stir fry with eggs. Really good complement to the grilled foods.

In Asia they also cook some of the best vegetarian plates. Using Tofu or bitter melon and several other items. Looks and tastes just like beef or chicken. I love eating the healthy vegetarian items with beef and chicken.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    edited September 2019

Grass fed milk is a new one to me. Come back down to Dallas. I will show you real Mexican food. We got a joint called Taco Bell here. Best Eva!!!

Olive Garden? Best EyeTalian.

Kind of like people telling me. Pei Wei, best Asian food or the fast food Chinese/Vietnamese places. I look at the menu and read.

Egg foo yuong em fast
    Muu Gu Gai Pan Chicken walk on cloud.

All I could think. You guys are effin idiots. This is not authentic anything.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Rick88 wrote: »
    Not that they are fried, but what about the new Impossible Whoppers? I saw the nutritional values of each compared and the fake burger is no healthier than the real one.

I suppose it would mainly apppeal to the PETA crowd...

Still trying to wrap my head around why a vegan would want to have food they love processed, stretched and molded into something that looks and tastes like the very food they despise in the first place.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,972
    Bitter melon and eggs is like a staple here hahaha

Good stuff, good balance for sure
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.