HELP!!!

As my computer works to recover my files, I have noticed that my individual music tracks are being removed from the files that contained them... Example would be AC/DC Back in Black. The file itself is empty of the individual song tracks. The songs however are being recovered and saved alphabetically with every other song title.

Is there a way to solve this easily, or are my files so corrupted that I may as well start over?.?.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”

Comments

• mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 5,077
    Your recovery program probably only recovers files, but not necessarily the folder structure. Your tracks are files. They were organized into folders (albums). That's doesn't mean the files are corrupted; just disorganized.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,809
    Does that mean I will need to place all 40,000 tracks back within their respective folders one b y one?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,934
    As my computer works to recover my files, I have noticed that my individual music tracks are being removed from the files that contained them...

Remember John, the files are in the computer!

• "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 5,077
    Does that mean I will need to place all 40,000 tracks back within their respective folders one b y one?
    It depends. Most people prefer to organize their files like that (obviously you did), but music programs usually organize by tags. This might help.

https://www.techhive.com/article/3201150/how-to-manage-your-digital-music-library.html

Also, you should have made a complete backup of your files when they were previously organized...
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,215
    John, if you invest in Roon or another quality music organizer, it should automatically do that for you without hand holding or reorganizing all the folders/files. Assuming the meta tags are accurate.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - PS Audio SGC - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61