Cheap DAC

aiconnaiconn Registered UserPosts: 205
I picked up an Adcom GTP-600, and I'm moving on to step 2, finding a cheap DAC to connect my computer, and cable box. It needs to have USB and toslink inputs. The cable box does have RCA and coax digital outputs, but I've found using anything other than toslink introduces a nasty ground loop into the system. Does anyone have suggestions in the under $200 range?

Comments

• mantismantis Posts: 15,361
    If you can spend a bit more I have a NAD DAC for sale in the Flea Market.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • IrrenhausIrrenhaus Posts: 847
    Here

ui21lcze39fj.jpg
    HT
    AVR-Pioneer SC99
    Adcom 585
    RTi12s
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103

Living room 2ch rig:
    Peach Tree Decco, Onkyo CS-5VL SACD and Linn Kelidh

Bedroom 2ch rig.
    Cary AE-3, Parasound 2125, Marantz SA8005, Usher V-601 or SDA 1C, SVS SB12-NSD, Intel NUC PC and Panamax MX5105

Headphone rig;
    Little DOT MK II with upgraded tube's and Sennheisers HD650.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,669
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • aiconnaiconn Registered User Posts: 205
    I picked up the NAD D-1050 from @Mantis. I've tried everything but the USB input, and so far so good.