Options
2»

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    So when do I get to ride?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You come up to Ft Worth and I will take you out in the boat and let you hear my stereo.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    Options
    boy, this is going to be a great lsaf! boat rides!
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You come up to Ft Worth and I will take you out in the boat and let you hear my stereo.
    :)

I have been in Midlothian for the last 7 months....Have this rent house till mid June
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    Options
    @tratliff, nice boat. I can't even fathom going 90 MPH on water. Owned my one and only boat since 1998. Bought it less than 1 year old from an F-15 fighter pilot. Have a '97 Searay; 175 Bow Rider and my prop's 3 blade stainless. Don't know the pitch but I cruise at 35 MPH and it gives me more torque for water skiing and tubing. Not set up for boarding.

I lived in Wichita Falls for a bit and have boated on Texoma, Possum Kingdom and Lake Murray in Oklahoma. As you stated, Texoma would be excellent to open up the throttle. Long stretches of open water and ruler flat when the wind's behaving! Possum Kingdom is nice (along w/the uber rich houses) but too congested at times for full tilt. My favorite was Murray and the fact it's one of the few clear water lakes with great visibility in the shallows. Almost sunk my boat as a result of a torn bellows on Murray...but that's a story for another time. :neutral:

Here are a couple of pics from Texoma. I liked being able to beach on the islands and find relative peace and quiet. Pic w/my son lounging in the water is on an island. Another observation...lots of eye candy when the spring breakers are out and partying. Kids these days. LOL

9hpde8nq2jiw.jpg
    gnfmz792gbto.jpg
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • tratliff
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @JayCee yep Texoma is nice. Prior to my current house I lived on Texoma for 10 years and ran a number of V-bottoms. That’s were I learned to love performance boats. But those were large boats and much more difficult to manage.

Spent many weekends on the islands. Best lake spot in Texas if you ask me.

The new boat is such a breeze to manage. And surprisingly cost very little to run when not turning 6300 rpm. But turning 6300 with the new prop should put me well past triple digits.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Texoma's a nice area. Quite far from major civilization but beautiful horse country. Loved the sunsets as I drove back to WF. Always launched from the military marina on the west end of the lake. They have nice trailers to rent and an easy launch. Must've been peaceful living out there?

I have a cousin in the Dallas area that has a Baja. Never been on it but from the pictures it's a monster. Can only imagine the upkeep. My boat's been garaged us much as possible and I religiously perform my own seasonal maintenance. My baby is a 4 banger Mercruiser and, knock on wood, has been very reliable. I'd cruise w/friends that had big v-hulls and the increased number of cylinders ate them alive in gas. I can cruise all day on a single tank of gas. Would love a larger boat but not the upkeep.

Years ago I was told the best boat to have is...a friend with a boat. Kidding aside, my kids grew up on it and now it's a nice way to spend quality time w/my wife. Congrats on finding something you really enjoy!
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • halen
    halen Posts: 677
    Options
    @JayCee yep Texoma is nice. Prior to my current house I lived on Texoma for 10 years and ran a number of V-bottoms. That’s were I learned to love performance boats. But those were large boats and much more difficult to manage.

The new boat is such a breeze to manage. And surprisingly cost very little to run when not turning 6300 rpm. But turning 6300 with the new prop should put me well past triple digits.

Wow. You lived on Texoma for 10 years. I used to go there a lot. Fishing for Hybrids or....

That spot called Party Cove or Island. Where many of the boats would dock and just drink:party together. It has been some years for me.

I would imagine Lake Lavon or Lewisville would do as well for the speed you are wanting to achieve. I personally would probably have a heart attack. Ha

Halen
  • tratliff
    edited February 2020
    Options
    halen wrote: »

Wow. You lived on Texoma for 10 years. I used to go there a lot. Fishing for Hybrids or....

That spot called Party Cove or Island. Where many of the boats would dock and just drink:party together. It has been some years for me.

I would imagine Lake Lavon or Lewisville would do as well for the speed you are wanting to achieve. I personally would probably have a heart attack. Ha

Halen

Prior to Texoma I spent many days on Lavon. Nice lake but not even close. To small for speeds I am looking for.

Lewisville has to many boaters. You would be surprised how many boaters/pwc drivers are not even paying attention. Not really a lake I frequent.
  • halen
    Options

Halen

Prior to Texoma I spent many days on Lavon. Nice lake but not even close. To small for speeds I am looking for.

Lewisville has to many boaters. You would be surprised how many boaters/pwc drivers are not even paying attention. Not really a lake I frequent.

Haha. Let’s you know how much I know. I lived next to Lavon my last home. Not once did I fish when I was there. Before I lived there, different story. Ha.

I still need to make a trip out to Skip’s, Marvin’s and would be great to check out your setup as well. Haven’t been much into audio lately as I don’t have anything setup at my new place. All in closets or storage.
  • tratliff
    Options

Halen

Haha. Let’s you know how much I know. I lived next to Lavon my last home. Not once did I fish when I was there. Before I lived there, different story. Ha.

I still need to make a trip out to Skip’s, Marvin’s and would be great to check out your setup as well. Haven’t been much into audio lately as I don’t have anything setup at my new place. All in closets or storage.

Halen you are always welcome. I’m sure when we first met out at Skips in north Denton county I was still living at Texoma.

Let’s catch up at LSAF and put a plan together.
  • halen
    Options

Halen

Halen you are always welcome. I’m sure when we first met out at Skips in north Denton county I was still living at Texoma.

Let’s catch up at LSAF and put a plan together.

Will do mister!!
  • tratliff
    Options
    Many folks have been telling me to name the boat. So I finally settled on something.

jgajujoicjj3.jpeg
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Fantastic pic bro