Calling all prayer warriors...

Options

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Thank you Lord! For touching Bud and bestowing upon him your healing grace. To you goes the glory, and to Bud for his strength and tenacity to fight on!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Is he off the respirator yet?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone that has reached out and raised my dad I in thoughts and prayers. It's been a rough period watching him struggle. He's still on the ventilator and has ended up with pneumonia. They've taken him off the sedatives so he can breath as deeply as possible on his own, thereby giving him his best possible chance of survival when they pull the vent.

He was alert last Monday morning and was able to convey to the head doctor his wishes for life support. Per his wishes they will not re-intubate, or, put in a tracheotomy, so they want to get him as strong as possible before removing the vent. They're looking at Thursday as the target date. We have an appointment with palliative care to assist in transition in case he's unable to sustain breathing on his own.

I've been overwhelmed and humbled by the support of many that have reached out. Thank you again for everything.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,908
    Options
    Prayers Sent Kerry!!!!
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    Options
    Just as I'm sure many have, your Dad has been in my thoughts daily.,,,,wWith so many hoping for the best day possible on Thursday.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Tony M
    Options
    More prayers sent for your Dad and your family.

Bud and you and your family have definitly been on my mind everyday also.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    More prayers from my family to yours... after what he had been through, pneumonia is a tough thing to deal with. Sounds like his doctors have a plan that is working. Just proof that God isn’t ready for him yet.

Might I suggest that you guys use the gift of life to fix whatever issues that may be lingering and embrace this moment to draw even closer. God bless you both, and your entire family.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kharp1
    Options
    This morning we put a plan in place with palliative care in case the tube removal doesn't go well.

My father was agitated today, and, so while waiting for palliative care I took one of the mitts they have on his hands off. Mistake. I could tell he was trying to tell me to take the other one off, and, also believe he was telling me he was done. I tried to explain to him that they believed he could make a full recovery and was going to take the tube out in two days. IT was a difficult exchange. I tried to reassure him that I wasn't going to leave him like that forever, which is one of his worst fears. I'm believing that he can recover. After seeing him off the sedatives, and the amount of fight he still has, I'm hopeful.
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    Options
    Its obvious...your a good son!! Continued prayers a good thoughts!
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,059
    Options
    Thanks for the updates. You guys have been in my thoughts and prayers daily,
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Kerry. Prayers from the Coulson family. May the Lord give Bud the strength to recover and you the courage to help him. Glory to our Heavenly Father.
  • Tony M
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Thank you for that update.

Bud IS a tough man for sure..

I hope and pray God gives him more strength and pain relief for him to WANT TO GET WELL.

I agree with Manticore and others of course, you're a good son!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,607
    Options
    You got this, Bud. All of Club Polk is rooting for you, and we know you can make it through the most difficult part of this recovery process.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    Options
    Still praying
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • verb
    Options
    Kerry your Dad is a fighter. My continued thoughts and prayers for him.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Options
    I agree. He's definitely tough as nails to still be fighting for this long. Impressive!

I'm also still hoping and praying he pulls through.
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    My family and I have benefitted from the prayers and good thoughts sent our way when my mom was going through her struggles. Sending the same your way in hopes that your dad and your family receives the same strength from them. Take care of yourself and your dad and continue to be the great son that you are.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,472
    Options
    Prayers sent your way. Hopefully things will get better. I just went through this with my mother back in May. Hang in there. God bless
    Randy/Maine
  • kharp1
    Options
    They took dad off the ventilator about 11 am today, and he was able to breath on his on, however, the level of injuries he sustained was just too much for his frail body to overcome. Dad passed away about 6 this evening, peacefully and with family around.

Thanks to everyone for the prayers and support, it's been humbling to experience such an outreach. I'm in good spirits knowing that I was able to make sure his wishes were carried out.

The Harp Family
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    So very sorry to hear; thoughts with you and your family during this especially difficult time.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    :'( May your father rest in peace. Condolences to you and your family pal. My heart goes out to you
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    God bless the Harp family and May your father Rest In Peace knowing he had the love and wonderful support of his family.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    Kerry--I am so sorry to hear. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    May Bud forever rest near to the heart of God.

Peace be with you Kerry.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear of your father's passing. May God give the Harp family strength during this difficult time. Rest in peace Bud.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    So sorry to read the bad news. He did have a long life, and is now at rest. Take care, and stay strong.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • verb
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    They took dad off the ventilator about 11 am today, and he was able to breath on his on, however, the level of injuries he sustained was just too much for his frail body to overcome. Dad passed away about 6 this evening, peacefully and with family around.

Thanks to everyone for the prayers and support, it's been humbling to experience such an outreach. I'm in good spirits knowing that I was able to make sure his wishes were carried out.

The Harp Family

Kerry I’ve never met you in person, or your Dad, but I feel like I know you. You’re my brother. You’re Dad, will always have a place in my heart. I am writing this with tears, as he has passed, but now he is with our Father in Heaven. Tears of sorrow, and joy are with me now. God bless you brother and your family, and God bless your lovely father. May he Rest In Peace.
  • Tony M
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Sometimes we can only take so much. :'(

I think your Dad, Bud fought real hard.

Sorry to hear his injuries were just too much and he's now going to be looking down on you till you meet him again.

I'm glad your doing ok and have comfort during his passing.

You and your family be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    This is not the news I was expecting to see when I opened this thread. So terribly sorry for your loss. It is one thing when it is expected due to illness or other reasons. Even at his age, it seems he was doing quite well until the carelessness of another put him in a no-win situation.....

My God comfort you and your family now and always, and know your father is in the eternal love of our Heavenly Father.

Too early perhaps, but I would also be seeking an attorney for wrongful death...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson