Decent cheap caps for fixing / flipping speakers?

An aquaintance has a small stash of diassembled vintage monitor polks (no peerless) RTA 11 & 8 and some other speakers that are in rough shape. They might get sold as parts, but I was asked if I could maybe get some working again as a friendly favor. They may keep some for there kids too. They are interested in audio, but not really audiophiles.

All the speakers and tweeters appear to work. Some crossovers are missing caps and resistors. The cabinets are ok to rough but not damaged.

They are not worth clarity or sonicap if no one notices, and probably not worth dayton either. I'd rather not go with electrolytics, but that is what was original. IMO a cheap poly should sound better and at least last for its remaining life. Any suggestions?


Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!