Yamaha Quobuz support for models made before 2018

VR3VR3 Posts: 23,422
Yamaha is not planning to add Quobuz support to any of their models made before 2018...

If you own one of these products, please feel free to send them an email explaining how dissatisfied you are -

[email protected]

714-522-9105, select option 5, Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m Pacific Time
- Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Comments

• MilitoMilito Posts: 584
    I just sent them an email.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Outlaw 5000, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Sony BPD-S3200, Technics PD867, Audio-Technica AT-LP60, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Fios.
  • tophatjohnnytophatjohnny Posts: 2,604
    edited July 3
    Yeah..I'll never buy another Yamaha receiver again😂😂😂
    I'm sure they will catch up on the pay music providers before too long. Hope so for you at least..
    Keep us posted as to progress. Digging our RX A 1060 but we don't do pay radio. The processor is great. Never heard it's power though I imagine it's ok.?

When I get back in the saddle Mon or Tues next week I'll call as well and act 😡. C'mon Polk.lets get this done!😄🎩
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 23,422
    Im not saying stop buying their products, I just think it is silly they are not supporting products made literally 7 months ago.

The WXC50 and WXA50 are CURRENT products and will not be receiving the update. Ridiculous really. Aventage 3070, top of the line receiver a year ago... no update... silly
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,129
    What are they waiting for? Qobuz to pay them to do it?
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • tophatjohnnytophatjohnny Posts: 2,604
    Clipdat wrote: »
    What are they waiting for? Qobuz to pay them to do it?

Usually is about the money.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
    They are putting quboz on the newer lines, which is all on the same software, can't be that difficult
    - Not Tom

In fact, Quobuz was supported on the wxc50 previously and dropped about 2 years ago

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/info/hi-res-guide/yamaha-wxc-50-a-modern-musiccast178741
    - Not Tom

• gyosagyosa Posts: 214
    VR3 ,
    Do you have a WXC/A -50 ?
    I have 3 of them and find them outstanding- especially for a couple hundred bucks ...

I really wish they would support TIDAL’s MQA .....

BK
    Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50, PS Audio 4.6 , Polk SDA 1c’s , Sony 42” - bedroom

B&K EX-442 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - pool

PS Audio Stellar S300 ,Yamaha wxc-50 , Salk Supercharged Songtowers
    Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - den

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - patio
    I do, they are a fantastic product, not sure why Yamaha is not supporting them. The dac is actually pretty good but not as good as an independent dac of course
    - Not Tom

• gyosagyosa Posts: 214
    edited July 6
    If Yamaha supported quobuz hi Rez in the past , logic would dictate no reason they can’t support tidal MQA ....WTF ?

Yeah , for the money it can’t be beat ...
    My ears aren’t that good ....

Bk

Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50, PS Audio 4.6 , Polk SDA 1c’s , Sony 42” - bedroom

B&K EX-442 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - pool

PS Audio Stellar S300 ,Yamaha wxc-50 , Salk Supercharged Songtowers
    Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - den

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - patio
  • 401FlaGATOR401FlaGATOR Posts: 1
    I just sent them an e-mail regarding my RX-A 1070.

Excellent, keep it coming!
    - Not Tom

• pkquatpkquat Posts: 664
    I am not putting any dampers on the campaign, I just have some thoughts on while almost new equipment is not getting the upgrade. I think the campaign is worth doing, not just for Yamaha, but for Quobuz support.

It was my understanding that Quobuz is still a trial in the US, meaning they may decide to pull out of the US market. I can see a larger company not rolling out the updates to older players for an app that is not well established if there has already been a firmware change. It may yet happen, but it may either take some time, or they may wait until there is higher demand, or Quobuz is committed to the US. Sometimes it is funding. Some apps pay to get added to equipment, and/or help with firmware updates. A line has to be drawn somewhere. It does not always make sense.

I don't know the specifics, but a friend uses a streaming app from his iPod and digitally connects to his receiver via USB. The receiver is early 2010, so apps are limited, but with the iPod he has access to other apps. I think if the receiver has Apple or Android support, and app supports it the device will act as a digital conduit to the receiver. That could be an option.