PA D5000.5 Amp SUB NO SOUND

Options
If anyone has a issue with no sound to the sub thru a PA D5000.5 amp, check the remote bass adjustment by unplugging the wire on the back of it. I called tech support and they told me my sub was bad on the 1st call and my amp was bad 2nd call. NEITHER was correct! And since it was out of warranty, I purchased both a new Polk sub and amp for nothing!! I am very upset with Polk since I am out of pocket $450 for nothing.

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    So 5 channel amp, Do your speakers get sound without an issue? Have you plugged a 3.5mm to RCA into the sub IN on the amp, plug the 3.5mm into your phone and slowly turn up the volume playing music to ensure it isn't your head unit or the RCAs?

I'll be more than happy to help.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Cody I think he already figured out what's wrong, he just made this thread to complain.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    Ahh didn't capture that. Why just complain instead of troubleshoot! So many possibilities of simple fixes, car amps don't usually go bad easily.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member