What's wrong with my LSI-C center speaker?

Options
francis1967
francis1967 Posts: 161
edited May 2004 in Troubleshooting
Hi all, I am new to Polk and I have spent much on putting together an audio/HT setup of LSI-9s in the front LSI-7s for rears , the LSI-C of course and the PSW505. Anyway, my LSI-C is not giving out any sound except from the tweeter. Both woofers are stone-dead!!! What is wrong? I has both metal posts installed and I am doing a single wire setup. I thought it was my amp that had blown, but when I hooked the center up to either of my front channels the same result with only the tweeter giving off sound happened. PLEASE ANYONE....any ideas? Thanks, Michael.
Post edited by francis1967 on

Comments

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited May 2004
    Options
    It sounds like something internal. Have you contacted the point of purchase? It maight be something simple like a loose wire from the crossover inside. Good luck.

Welcome to the forum!
    Make it Funky! :)
  • francis1967
    edited May 2004
    Options
    I bought these on Audiogon and they did work when I listened to them before. I therefore doubt I have any warranty as the second owner even though they are not a year old yet. Will Polk look badly on it if I take a peek inside to see if it is indeed just a loose connection? Michael.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited May 2004
    Options
    I don't believe so. They are cool that way. Obviously if you ram a screwdriver through them they may not cover a replacement although I have seen them do it in the past!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • francis1967
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Folks, service at Polk Service Center was awesome. They fixed my center speaker and also my right Main that had a shot crossover. They did in while I waited with excellent service all-around. Especially their service tech I believe who's name was Omar. Probably the best service of any Audio Company I have ever been in contact with.

Closing this thread now.
    Thanks all.
    Michael.