Drooling over these.

CH46ECH46E Posts: 1,029

Comments

• Inspector 24Inspector 24 Posts: 1,115
    Makes my computer speakers sound amazing. Which I'm sure they are in person. That amp setup sure raises an eyebrow.
    Down
    RTiA9 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,626
    What series are they...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 1,029
    edited June 30
    They label them as 4346. Not sure JBL made a 4346. I think it is Kenricks custom model. Not 100% sure what they are based on. Maybe the 4345? But in a smaller foot print.
  • windstrikerwindstriker Posts: 37
    I'm fairly sure my wife would divorce me if I ever got anything like that.....
    Ha, I'd have to convert the master bedroom into a listening room and use my Movie room as master. They both go into the master bath. So possible????? Well.... probably not. The wife would kill me.
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 871
    There’s A LOT of nice gear in that room...

I also just ordered a couple CDs from Amazon - had never heard of Ms. Stirling:-)
    Too much stuff to keep track of.

Currently enjoying: Legacy Focus 20/20, McCormack DNA 225, Bill D C1, Oppo 105
  • verbverb Posts: 6,608
    daddyjt wrote: »

I also just ordered a couple CDs from Amazon - had never heard of Ms. Stirling:-)

Love Lindsey Stirling! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 21,816
    Too much JBL in one box (OK, two boxes).
    JBL drivers are sorta like perfume. A little dab can be enchanting. A big ol' dollop and it's lights out; where's the gas mask?!?.

B)
  • lawdogglawdogg Posts: 328
    Looks to be basically a 4345 with 2235H cones and LE10A mids, but the 077 on top of the LE85. I wonder what crossover design they went with. It'd have been funny if Kenrick called it an L400. :smile:
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,680
    verb wrote: »
    daddyjt wrote: »

Love Lindsey Stirling! :smile:

Saw her in concert before she was "big".... lots of fun, I enjoy her stuff (and so do my kiddo's!)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 23,227
    This where I realize my taste in speakers is drastically different than others, haha
    - Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,145
    edited July 1
    OP reminds me of these Gems I owned for a long while. Technics SB7070's. B)
    Pic. is from the web.
    ne8pgogd02hf.png

The sound from these was just like I was hearing in that video.

Talk about sound-field!
    AND BASS! It's a bass that has it's own signature. These has 14" woofers in them.

Needed money more than these back then so I listed them and had a young guy come and buy them.
    I saw years later on, ( when he was selling all 4 for a lot more than he paid me, factoring 1/2 of his asking price) he had bought 2 more. I guess he had a huge room for 4 of these to be in play...or he had 2 in one room and 2 in another. I still remember how they sounded to this day. At least I think I can remember it. :p

Bought these plus their great cond. grills and a Pioneer SX1050(?)probably for $35.00 total at a yard sale 15 years ago or so. :p :D

His wife was tired of looking at them for 20 years or more! :# Seriously, that's what he told me. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    edited July 1
    I would trade every piece of equipment plus my Toyota Highlander for those JBLs.

Then I'd sell a Kidney to buy and amp for them.
  • FaustinFaustin Posts: 879
    Tony M wrote: »
    OP reminds me of these Gems I owned for a long while. Technics SB7070's. B)
    Pic. is from the web.
    ne8pgogd02hf.png

The sound from these was just like I was hearing in that video.

Talk about sound-field!
    AND BASS! It's a bass that has it's own signature. These has 14" woofers in them.

Needed money more than these back then so I listed them and had a young guy come and buy them.
    I saw years later on, ( when he was selling all 4 for a lot more than he paid me, factoring 1/2 of his asking price) he had bought 2 more. I guess he had a huge room for 4 of these to be in play...or he had 2 in one room and 2 in another. I still remember how they sounded to this day. At least I think I can remember it. :p

Bought these plus their great cond. grills and a Pioneer SX1050(?)probably for $35.00 total at a yard sale 15 years ago or so. :p :D

His wife was tired of looking at them for 20 years or more! :# Seriously, that's what he told me. ;)

I have never had an opportunity to hear those Technics. I have had a couple of people over the years rave about them. Maybe someday a pair will pop up. :D
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,145
    The sound is pretty cool! Not bright at all. Very well balanced!

Sound comes from a HUGE space around them.

It's one of those designs where the speakers disappear like the AR4x's I just found. But of course, the Technics SB7070s could be a lot of people's end game speakers.

I surely wanted to keep them forever!
    Darn pinched spinal neck nerves or tendons!!! :'(
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.