Polk Audio Monitor 7 Series 2

Can anyone tell me what I need to buy for capacitors to upgrade my speaker? I can see numbers on a couple of them but one I cannot see and they are all glued down right now.
Thanks

Comments

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 41,971
    The schematic is listed if you look.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• ace218ace218 Posts: 4
    Thanks. I was hoping someone had a list of what is needed. I am not that familiar with schematics and the capicitors that are replacements for the originals.
    edited June 30
    The values are listed on the schematic. If you can read them off the board components you can read them off the schematic.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• verbverb Posts: 6,608
    Welcome Ace! Here's a link to the schematics page. I'm sure others will chime in, as it's always good to see someone like yourself ready to take on an upgrade! :smile:

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/38755/polk-audio-speaker-wiring-schematics-amp-more-all-models-except-sda#latest
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • verbverb Posts: 6,608
    And, if you do a search here for monitor 7, you'll find many folks have taken the journey! Good luck and keep us posted! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    He has the 7 series 2 not the original 7's.

Would this be the right one? I have the SL2500 tweeters, not sure on the driver I would have to check

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 13,517

I do believe so.
    Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate. These speakers sound pretty darn good but I am guessing a capacitor upgrade is going to help some.
  • pkquatpkquat Posts: 641
    Another option is to replace the SL2500 tweeter with the RD0-198 available directly from Polk for ~$50 each. Call customer service and tell them you are a polk forum member and get free shipping. IMO the SL2500's sound soft and dull to me. The RD0-198 is much more crisp and detailed without being fatiguing.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,533
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the sl2500 is NOT the TL tweeter and would be replaced with the rd0-194.
  • Jimbo18Jimbo18 Posts: 2,129
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the sl2500 is NOT the TL tweeter and would be replaced with the rd0-194.

The SL2500 and the SL3000 are both replaced by the RD-0198 from what I have read on this site.
    HT - Pio Elite SC-63, Nuance Spatial 3S, Spatial Cen S, FXi50 surrounds, Def Tech PF 15TL+, Belkin PF30, Samsung UBD-M7500, Roku Premier, Furez 12-2.
    Bedroom - Sony STR DN850, Monitor 5jr+ Series2, CS300 center, Furez 10/2, Roku Ultra
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »

The SL2500 and the SL3000 are both replaced by the RD-0198 from what I have read on this site.

Correct

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,533
    Ok, but that's rather confusing to read TL (3k) and 198 in the same breath, but nary the 2500...

Consider me corrected