Polk Command Bar - Alternative Wake Word?

Options
I don't own a Command Bar yet, but in the product literature I've read it said that Alexa's "alternative wake words" weren't implemented yet, but would be in the future.

I've seen on the forum that multi-room audio was added with updated firmware.

Is it now possible to set the Alexa wake word to be "Echo" or "Computer" instead of "Alexa"?

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    It responds to "Computer" only if you do an excellent Captain Picard impersonation.. ;):p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kdodh
    kdodh Posts: 2
    Options
    ;) Nice one... Right now, Amazon Echo devices have three standard options for wake words: “Alexa” is the default, but you can go into settings and change it to use “Echo” or “computer” as your wake words.

I'm wondering if that option is available for the Command Bar yet? We have an Alexa in the house and have set our wake word to be "Echo" on our other devices. If we can do that with the Command Bar, we'll buy it.