I need direction with my set up.

2»

Comments

• ddog
    ddog Posts: 230
    F1nut wrote: »
    ddog wrote: »
    Because if this is right and the MV6510 will work... there's a good number of them for sale on Ebay right now.

There is no "V" in any vintage Polk driver model and no 2B ever came from the factory with the MW6510.

Sorry...the "V" was clearly a typo..!!!

You are more then likely right regarding the MW6510..
    Just going off the list. It's on there twice.

I don't have a dog in the race here so I'm out...
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited May 2019
    jbail,

2B Studios were my first big boy speakers. They sound amazing! I still have them albeit, they’re in storage

Just a thought or 2 ...

If there’s anyway to relocate your set up, please consider doing so.
    SDA’s should be about 3 feet away (or more) from the nearest sidewall (for optimum SQ)

Your search for vintage Polk parts may end soon OR take till the end of the summer, maybe longer ...🤭 All depends on the market

You may want to scour several websites, several times a day, especially CP.
    You also may want to reach out to Dave @verb and ask him “what the method is, to his madness.” I think the man can find anything online

Just my .02

Where are you located?

Edit, btw if you locate any 6503’s that are in good to VG condition, I’d be interested if there’s extras!!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • jbail2011
    jbail2011 Posts: 102
    GlennDog wrote: »
    jbail,

2B Studios were my first big boy speakers. They sound amazing! I still have them albeit, they’re in storage

Just a thought or 2 ...

SDA’s should be about 3 feet away (or more) from the nearest sidewall (for optimum SQ)

Your search for vintage Polk parts may end soon OR take till the end of the summer, maybe longer ...🤭 All depends on the market

You also may want to reach out to Dave @verb and ask him “what the method is, to his madness.” I think the man can find anything online

Just my .02

Where are you located?

Edit, btw if you locate any 6503’s that are in good to VG condition, I’d be interested if there’s extras!!

Thanks Glen. I have been considering moving my set up. The opposite wall has more room. Thanks for telling me the recommended 3 feet from the side wall.

I will keep an eye out for these for sure and I'll be sure to let you know if any extras pop up.

I am in Charlotte, NC
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3 TL
    Polk Audio SDA 2B TL mod
    Carver M 1.0 MK2 Opt 2 x2
    Carver CT Seven Preamp
    Bluesound Node 2i
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    jbail2011 wrote: »
    Can anyone address the amp? Any feedback on the Adcom GFS-535ii?

It sounds pretty good but depending on your listening levels it will run out of oomph quick.

A GFA 545 or GFA 555 would be better suited for the 2Bs. I run mine with a GFA 545 and it packs quite a punch...granted I am in a small room.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    jbail,

Just a thought or 2 ...

Just my .02

Where are you located?

Thanks Glen. I have been considering moving my set up. The opposite wall has more room. Thanks for telling me the recommended 3 feet from the side wall.

I will keep an eye out for these for sure and I'll be sure to let you know if any extras pop up.

I am in Charlotte, NC

I'm in Mooresville..... Stop by the warehouse some day.
  • jbail2011
    lightman1 wrote: »
    jbail,

Just a thought or 2 ...

Just my .02

Where are you located?

I am in Charlotte, NC

Warehouse??
    Polk Audio SDA 2B TL mod
    Carver CT Seven Preamp
    Bluesound Node 2i
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Lichtman is a stalker, kidnaps local audiophiles
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    jbail,

Just a thought or 2 ...

Just my .02

Where are you located?

I am in Charlotte, NC

Warehouse??

There's a pile of gear and beer there.
    VR3 wrote: »

Dont blow my cover, Trey....
  • jonicont
    jonicont Posts: 277
    I am in Charlotte, NC

I have one extra. I live in Charlotte. Sent you a PM

SDA 2BTL, VPI Prime, Soundsmith Zephyr MKIII, Rogue Ares Magnum, McCormack DNA 0.5 Gold, ARC LS-17se, Cambridge cxn v2, MIT AVT MA ic’s and speaker cables, ps audio stellar power plant 3

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    NICE! I love the brotherhood . . .
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    jbail,

I am in Charlotte, NC

Warehouse??
    [/quote]

There's a pile of gear and beer there.
    VR3 wrote: »

Dont blow my cover, Trey....[/quote]

hhbbw2pv34ef.jpg

Sorry I couldn't resist! :D
    Can't wait to hear your impressions once you fire your 2Bs up. Reading this tread has made me want to hook mine up when I get home from work.

Welcome to CL @jbail2011
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • jbail2011
    jonicont wrote: »
    I am in Charlotte, NC

I have one extra. I live in Charlotte. Sent you a PM

I bought this 6503 from Jon. It was in perfect condition and a great deal. Thank you!

He invited me to in to hear his system and oh man! I have a lot of work to do. Incredible!
    Polk Audio SDA 2B TL mod
    Carver CT Seven Preamp
    Bluesound Node 2i
  • jonicont
    jonicont Posts: 277
    I bought this 6503 from Jon. It was in perfect condition and a great deal. Thank you!

He invited me to in to hear his system and oh man! I have a lot of work to do. Incredible!

Nice meeting you Jeff. We'll definitely do it again. Be patient :)
    SDA 2BTL, VPI Prime, Soundsmith Zephyr MKIII, Rogue Ares Magnum, McCormack DNA 0.5 Gold, ARC LS-17se, Cambridge cxn v2, MIT AVT MA ic’s and speaker cables, ps audio stellar power plant 3