Audiophile Flex Seal

F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,711
edited May 2019 in Speakers
A picture is worth a thousand words.

m55zokjwq5wk.jpg

Not mine!!!
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Dayum why didn't I think of that.
    ( smacks forehead )
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Maybe worth a try on a torn surround on the unobtainium 15" passives perhaps, but only on the tear itself.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    That’s a lot of tape, and I doubt if it is very flexible. Then again, something is better than nothing. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    BlueFox wrote: »
    That’s a lot of tape, and I doubt if it is very flexible. Then again, something is better than nothing. :)

Put the pipe down Bud.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    F1nut wrote: »
    m55zokjwq5wk.jpg
    Not mine!!!

Uh huh. Sure...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Agree with @audioluvr . We all know your main system was swapped with Realistic speakers.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    Is it as rare as black paint ???? :)
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited May 2019
    my theory is.. this was being applied elsewhere (like somewhere it was designed to be used)… the user had gotten so high from the off-gassing (smells awful, extremely toxic) that he started to look for other places to put it (not designed for it!) :)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    My drivers never leak, should I be concerned?
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Funny that this came up I was trying to think of other uses for that "Dip Schiit" stuff that you put on tool handles. Now I know what I am going to do with it.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    You guys are just a bunch of elitist snobs..I see nothing wrong with upgrade.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    I used contact cement on some cracked accordion type surrounds on a pair of 12 inch Frazier woofers that I didn't want to rebuild yet. Worked great since they are ported models that don't have any pressure buildup. Stayed supple for years.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Is your coffin leaking sound?
  • F1nut
    Nah, it's dead quite.

President of Club Polk

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Bah, this is what you need to use.

r6ktgoinlr1x.png
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Bah, this is what you need to use.

r6ktgoinlr1x.png

I heard about this stuff in legends told around a campfire. Seems this stuff is almost as rare as black paint. BTW, if anyone tells you they have found black paint or this stuff, dismiss their claims as fake news.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson