Lsi25 Vs. Lsi15

Options
K_M
K_M Posts: 1,627
I have heard both, (own 15's) but never in the same space side by side, but only in different houses, so was a bit hard to really tell if any differences.

Realize they obviously use same drivers excepting the bass drivers, but curious those who have heard both extensively IN THE SAME SPACE, what differences exist (if any) in the mids and highs or even the upper bass.

The crossovers are different somewhat so that could account for small changes.

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    I had them both side by side and I can tell you the LSI25's do everything better then the LSI15's. I already owned the LSI15's and got to hear the LSI25's and thought man maybe I should have went that way but at that time I didn't want another Powered Tower speaker in my life.
    The frequency response of the LSI25's sounds like the LSI15's where the prototype speaker and the LSI25's where the end results.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    The 25's generally can be found for a darn good price. I agree with @mantis with the 25's sounding better. You can dial them in easier for the room as well with the crossover and sub levels. Do not not afraid to change the crossover frequency on it.

My only warning is watch the amps. Some of them burn up. They are repairable.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.